BC345CRS vs. BC365CRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I recently picked up a BC345CRS for $40 from eBay. This is a great scanner for listening to at bedtime. I really like it as it has 500 channels in 10 banks, FM Radio and an alarm clock. It is perfect for what I was looking for. Looking at Uniden's website, I see there is an updated BC365CRS out now. What is the difference? I am hoping there are Alpha Tags and DPL/PL Tones. That is my main complaint about the scanner, no DPL/PL tones. I can live without alpha tags, but I'd love the tones if that is in the updated model.

Sporrt

More features?

Nope, they removed some. No more AM broadcast reception. The BC345CRS came with an AM loop antenna.

It's the same scanner, minus some. There's more info in one of the threads below.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Okay, thanks. I will keep what I have then and be happy. I think they should make an updated model with AM back in there, and add alpha tags and PL/DPL tones.

N9JIG

Sheriff
If you want PL/DPL and Alpha Tags look at the BCT15X, it has all that. It also has FM Broadcast and a lot more. The cost is more of course ($189 at ScannerMaster) but it is an awesome analog scanner.

Alas, it has no clock function nor AM radio.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Haha I actually need the alarm clock! That was the selling point of this redid as I already have three desktops on my
Nightstand already. I wish they made the BC125 in an alarm clock version.

Status
Not open for further replies.