BC346XTC suddenly doesn't pick up any radio feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnd654

My scanner is about a little over a week old now. Today, I just turned the scanner on, but noticed big problems. I am unable to hear radio frequencies. The speaker works because scrolling through settings creates a tone. The scanner picks up frequencies, but only displays a very small static noise. I even tried putting on FM radio to see if it would work, but the same thing occurred. I do not think I did anything to the scanner that could have caused this. No matter what I try, I cannot get a reliable feed. Even when I put the squelch all the way down, there is a low static noise. Usually, there is a loud and annoying static noise. I am speculating something could be wrong with the antenna, but I don't see why there would be.

Blackink

My scanner is about a little over a week old now. Today, I just turned the scanner on, but noticed big problems. I am unable to hear radio frequencies. The speaker works because scrolling through settings creates a tone. The scanner picks up frequencies, but only displays a very small static noise. I even tried putting on FM radio to see if it would work, but the same thing occurred. I do not think I did anything to the scanner that could have caused this. No matter what I try, I cannot get a reliable feed. Even when I put the squelch all the way down, there is a low static noise. Usually, there is a loud and annoying static noise. I am speculating something could be wrong with the antenna, but I don't see why there would be.

Like I see so many others recommend- have you tried tuning in to a WX frequency?
Seems whenever I see someone asking about reception, they get a response of making sure you can hear/listen to the weather channels.

kvfalcon

My BC346xtc started doing the same thing about 2 weeks in. I still haven't been able to find out what is going on. I've tried to isolate it away from any other radio freqs, changing antennas, bringing it back to factory reset but I cannot find what the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.