bc350c scanning radio...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q-ball

i wanna buy one of these just to put a few uhf/vhf things into...like medevacs and whatnot...now i am correct by saying that since these dont operate by using a trunking system, no control channel is needed correct?...its just take it outta the box and go thru the tedious process of putting the "input" frequencies in?.......i never understood why actual input frequencies, are different from the actual frequency..but whats the deal on this radio?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Q-ball said:
i wanna buy one of these just to put a few uhf/vhf things into...like medevacs and whatnot...now i am correct by saying that since these dont operate by using a trunking system, no control channel is needed correct?...its just take it outta the box and go thru the tedious process of putting the "input" frequencies in?.......i never understood why actual input frequencies, are different from the actual frequency..but whats the deal on this radio?
No, you want to go through the tedious process of putting the frequencies in, not the input frequencies. As a person monitoring, you are interested in the output frequencies of the repeater, not the input from the mobiles.

bee

It is a very good, cheap scanner, but does not trunk or do digital! Sound quality is excellent and there is plenty of volume.

CStarr59

If I'm not mistaken doesn't the 350C have a rather strange way of entering frequencies into the memory? I was going to buy one a few months ago and I read the manual online and decided not to purchase because of the strange way of programming.

ScanTheFreqs

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
yes, you cannot manually enter a frequency. you just have to let it go through its search range until it gets to the frequency you want to program, then you hold it on that frequency and save it

Q-ball

yea, i figure ill then install in my car with a larsen uhf/vhf antenna....

bee

Yes, it has a "back light" that stays on "12 volt" or "wall-wart"! I have this scanner in my auto along with my 996t. The "sound quality" is better than the 996t, and or, the bcd 15(which is my home).

Mosfet80

Bc350c

I see are going on sale at several places. Does this mean that they will soon be obsolete since they do not cover digital? I was thinking about picking one up and installing it in my truck.

ScanTheFreqs

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
they might be going obsolete but i seriously doubt that is the reason, most scanners today do not cover digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.