BC396XT on Unitrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
I also Have a question Regarding my 396xt unitrunker and using windows 7 pro 64 bit. i used to use unitrunker retro with the black screen and red and green config and loved it when decoding my 396t. Now circumstances have changed, ive changed OS to win 7 pro 64 bit i got the 396xt and i tried to use retro and got "closed without saving" and retro wouldnt open. so i went with a newer version of UT, which before now couldnt get working anyway even on xp with the 396t.. i still cant get 23 build of UT to work or hear the control channel, or decode it. It seems not as easy to pickup or decode as retro was. I need to know what im doing wrong? i prefer the setup retro had but looking at my options nothing really works on a 64bit OS. on a Toshiba Lappy. I also wondered if UT decodes EDACS and How Strong the signal Has to be to do so? I probably need step by step instructions for any of this since it seems im missing something... Thanks Just at a loss to figure this all out...

SCPD

QRT
There was a problem decoding from the 396XT. I can't remember if that is still an issue.

To get the program up and running, you need to configure one receiver as a signal source.

Here's some light reading to get you started ...

BCD996XT | BCD396XT | BC346XT | BCT15X

UniTrunker | Windows

... and last, but not least is the Utah Radio Guide ...

UniTrunker Guide - UtahRadio

Receiver configuration offers lots of flexibility. You can configure your XT to be a decoding receiver or a voice following receiver (but not both at the same time).

For voice following, you'll need a second receiver.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks for the How-To links on the 396XT. Just a FYI, I tried my 396XT with the "extended CC" data on and was getting a lot of decoding errors. (Unitrunker brought up a lot of invalid data.)

After an hour or so on the 396XT, I switched to my d-tapped Pro-2006 and the decode was perfect.

I'll have to try this without extended to see if it helps.

PS. Is there a way for Unitrunker to log or record the TGIDs it hits on a given site? I see the master log but I just would like to see a complete list of TGIDs that Unitrunker hits on a given site. That would be most helpful. Thanks!

SCPD

QRT
PS. Is there a way for Unitrunker to log or record the TGIDs it hits on a given site? I see the master log but I just would like to see a complete list of TGIDs that Unitrunker hits on a given site. That would be most helpful. Thanks!
It is difficult to know if a specific radio is affiliated to a specific site. When someone joins a talkgroup, some systems broadcast the message to all sites. A group call grant tells you someone on the site you monitor is interested in the talkgroup, but not who.

For deep analysis, you can dig through the site log.

Status
Not open for further replies.