BC785D with card BCi-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikejonessmith

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hey members

I have an old BC785D with APCO 25 card BCi-25 and I am interested/hoping for an up-to-date mem file for Toronto, Ontario Canada for

Police
Ham
GO
TTC
OPP

Anything around the area can help me re-discover the frequencies with an updated mem file?

reply with links or files and comments.

Thank

Mike

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
will your software allow you to import a 996 file?
I dont think the 785 will cover the GO transit trunking system as its 9600 baud P25 but im sure you can still listen to it conventionally

mikejonessmith

Banned
torontokris said:
I dont think the 785 will cover the GO transit trunking system as its 9600 baud P25 but im sure you can still listen to it conventionally

I'm using BuTel ARC-250 Software....

The BCi2D APCO 25 Digital Card I think it works with P25....

send me files to my email using the username + gmail dot com

.thanks

Last edited:

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
The 785 will decode APCO-25 digital audio, but it will not track a P-25 trunking system. Looking at the RR database for Toronto, the GO system is P-25 so you wont be able to listen to it. You also wont be able to listen to the subway system since they use a MPT-1327 system, which can't be monitored with any scanner.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=4326

Last edited:

mikejonessmith

Banned
torontokris said:

Torontokris
did you have any file that can be loaded into our scanner help me re-discover the frequencies with an updated mem file?

thanks

captclint

Mentor
mikejonessmith said:
Torontokris
did you have any file that can be loaded into our scanner help me re-discover the frequencies with an updated mem file?thanks
ARC250 will not take 996 file. However, you can automatically upload all, some, or one Toronto freq on this site using your ARC250 software. Just become a subscriber: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/subscription/ That is a much better way to update your scanner with what you specifically want. Just make sure you have the latest version of ARC250(V1.20 - Jan. 2008)

Last edited:

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Mike whats ur email?
Its multiple files.. not one single file.. I can zip them up

But as the other memeber said the go transit wont work, nor will TTC (but you can listen to them conventionally (like scanning the scannels with no trunking and no id's)

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
just saw ur email ill send it off... try it out worse case it doesnt work as the captian advises it may not work

mikejonessmith

Banned
torontokris said:
just saw ur email ill send it off... try it out worse case it doesnt work as the captian advises it may not work

Great job,

Just checking the email now ... thanks ...

wow

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.