BC796D Conventional/Trunking Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
I Wanted To See If Anyone Could Help me Out With A Small Issue I Have, Ive Been Looking All over The Manual To Try and Find The Way i way I can Switch back to the conventional bank scan list while scanning a trunked system. What Happens Is That, If Im scanning a MOT 800 VHF trunked system and have it on id scan for all10 banks it will list all 1-0 banks on the 3rd line of the display but i want to know what buttons do i press to display the bank lists for the conventional frequencies as well. I apologize if its confusing but i remember i found this out a while back and i cant seem to find the instructions anymore.

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
I've already looked through the manual and cant find it, thats why im asking here in hopes that someone has already run into this issue and can help me out

DJ88

I think you have banks and ID Scan Lists confused. You program your systems (conventional and trunk) into banks. When your scanner is scanning all of the systems you have programmed, the numbers you see on the 3rd line (1-0) are the banks. As it reaches each bank, the number of that bank will flash on and off.

When your scanner reaches the bank that you have the trunk system programmed into, the numbers (1-0) on the third line are the ID Scan Lists for that trunk system, where you have your talk group IDs programmed..

If I understand your question correctly, if, while your scanner is scanning the trunk system, and you want the numbers on the 3rd line to show the banks instead of the ID Scan lists, press the . (decimal point) button. Then, if you want it to go back and show the ID Scan Lists again, press the . (decimal point) button again.

If I haven't answered yiour question, post back and explain further.

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
DJ88 your awesome that was it, i just tried it and that was exactly what i wanted to know. You were a big help and know i dont have to keep pressing RSM until it scans conventional to choose the conventional banks

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
Do you know how to switch between trunking systems lets say im listening to a single talk group on bank 5 but want to switch to a talk group on bank 6, how would i do that. The only way i can do it at this time is by scanning bank 6 and just stopping on a talk group and switching from there

DJ88

That would probably be the only way to do it, as far as I know. In order to hold on a specific talk group the scanner wound have to be scanning the bank that the trunk system is programmed into, and I don't think there's a way to toggle back and forth between two banks.

jtech48

Premium Subscriber
Thats What i thought, its fine i dont mind it, just wanted to easy if there was an easier way. thanks for your time, happy scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.