Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard75

Thanks to the help I received here I upgraded the firmware and re-banding for my BCD996T. Working fine again, thanks guys.
Now trying to do the same with my BC796D. I uploaded the latest Uniden firmware version and the Uniden VUP software said is was succesful. With the ARC250 software I downloaded and installed necessary info from this RR database for King County Public Safety (same as I did for the BCD996T) The 796 stops on the control frequency. It shows it is scanning. A group key will flash on occasion but I hear absolutely nothing. Only have one site in the program and all sites and groups are unlocked. The control channel only is turned on.
I have gone through this procedure 3 times and still nothing.
I guess one of my questions is there a key sequence to read the current version of firmware in the radio?
And is there a key sequence to clear the radio of all programming (except firmware) so I can start from scratch again.?

Richard75

Menu, scroll to settings, see scanner infro and then firmware version for the current firmware.
I have no "settings" in the menu. There are no settings in the "System" menu. So does this mean the firmware update did not work properly, even if the VUP said it was successful? Thanks for your reply.

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
To display firmware press and hold 2 4 9 with radio off and turn radio on.
Press 2 - 9 - hold - turn on = all memory clear

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
It is very easy to program it up by hand to be sure if it is working. The key is if you can set up a custom band plan. There are numerous threads on RR about it going back to when rebanding started 6 years or so ago.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.