BC898T - can't access talk group list

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitty9999

Hello,

I've owned my 898T for about two weeks now and I'm starting to get familiar with it. I had a friend program it yesterday with some frequencies for trunking as well as talk groups.

Today I pressed some buttons (forget which ones) and now I can't access any talk groups, I can only see frequencies.

I can see that the talk groups are still programmed into the scanner, I just can access them.

Thanks

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Did you lock them out? Is there any key icon anywhere or does it say lockout?

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I've owned my 898T for about two weeks now and I'm starting to get familiar with it. I had a friend program it yesterday with some frequencies for trunking as well as talk groups.

Today I pressed some buttons (forget which ones) and now I can't access any talk groups, I can only see frequencies.

I can see that the talk groups are still programmed into the scanner, I just can access them.

Thanks

Try pressing the TRUNK button followed by the A button and then the SCAN buttom.

smitty9999

Try pressing the TRUNK button followed by the A button and then the SCAN buttom.

I tried this but wasn't able to see the talk groups in bank A. Somehow I saw the groups in B, but I'm still not able to find the ones in A

should i do a software reset and try to start from scratch?

Last edited:

R1VINCE

I tried this but wasn't able to see the talk groups in bank A. Somehow I saw the groups in B, but I'm still not able to find the ones in A

should i do a software reset and try to start from scratch?

smitty9999, while the scanner is scanning, hit the DATA button. This action will allow you to see either the actual banks during scan or the trunk talk groups within the trunking banks.

Status
Not open for further replies.