BC898T: BC898T-Control Channel Only Operation & Backlight Repair/Replace

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemantim8

Premium Subscriber
Greetings and Merry Christmas-Is the BC898T capable of CC Only Motorola operation? I have read a couple of WIKIs that would indicate it is possible however I cannot find out if or how in the Owner's Manual. I just purchased one off of Ebay and owned one when they first came out. Also is it possible (easily) to replace/repair a non-functioning backlight? Thanks! Tim

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
From my archives:

Having trouble making control channel trunking work on your new BC-898T?

1 Hold down trunk button, then select bank you are going to program
your control channel in.

2. After you program in the control channel press the search button.

3 Press and hold trunk again and when the banks flash, select the bank
you programmed the control channel into.

4. When Type II 800 shows up press enter, then "prog" shows up on the
screen turn the VFO knob until "cc only" appears on the screen, again press enter.

5. Turn the VFO knob again to select your plan type 1-4 then press
search.

I don't have a Motorola system nearby to test this. Try it and let us know if it worked for you.

I have a file that details light replacement but it is too large to attach here. PM me with an address and I will send it.

icemantim8

Premium Subscriber
898T CC Only

I checked the CC Only function on the 898T this morning. Thank you for the instructions on how to do this. I played around with it a bit and in theory it probably works. All I have close to me is the Colorado DTRS P25 Phase 1 system. With your help I can at least check it out when I am in an area that is using a Motorola system like FedEx at the Denver International Airport (DIA). Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.