• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

BC996T & Collier Co FL Expert Needed....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I made the plunge and bought a new BC996T. Spent several hours programming it fresh using ScanControl Software.

Everything works perfectly other than the Collier County, FL EDACS System. I can't get this scanner to hear it at all. I think I have tried about every possible combination on the programming list and still nothing. I tried both wide and narrow band, still nothing.

Collier is the only EDACS system around and the 996T works perfectly on every other county's system within range; Lee, Charlotte, and Hendry. I hear most anything from Collier County on Conventional Freqs but EDACS is silent.

I'm using a Discone for now and did not have any problem with Collier EDACS on my BC898T using this antenna. In fact, if I turn down the squelch on my 898T, it picks up Collier EDACS with just a short 800 mhz antenna sitting on top of my desk.

What am I doing wrong ???

Thanks, Dixieboyfl

BC996T EDACS now working............

Thanks to all who responded and your suggestions and recommendations.

I found somewhere in the communications between the ScanControl and the 996T there was an error in placing the EDACS freqs.

So, I made a new group, re-entered the freqs in the correct order, and manually set the LCN locations in the software and it worked the first time.

Thanks Again and I hope this helps others that may have a similar issue.

Mike - FL

Status
Not open for further replies.