BC996XT help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgruver911

I will program APX, EFJ and Kenwood radios and Whistler/Radio Shack scanners all day long. But I HATE HATE HATE trying to program Uniden scanners. Now that I got that off my chest, an officer brought me a new BC996XT to program. He just wants a handful of our local talkgroups and the area KSICS towers in it. I've been fighting with this pile of junk for 2 days and cannot get it to work. Somehow I have manged to get it to scan the Public Safety, Custom 1 and Special search banks, but it refuses to scan the KSICS Harvey County sites and group I put in. I am using ARC-XT. Can anyone give me some guidance or send me a profile for the area before I toss this thing in a dumpster?

Somehow I have manged to get it to scan the Public Safety, Custom 1 and Special search banks, but it refuses to scan the KSICS Harvey County sites and group I put in. I am using ARC-XT.
Hi. Great scanner!

You have enabled a search, as you know.

Read here:

Service Search

I don't use ARC, so I can't help you there. Sorry.

Make sure you have "Quick Keys" assigned and enabled.

Redneck0410

I will program APX, EFJ and Kenwood radios and Whistler/Radio Shack scanners all day long. But I HATE HATE HATE trying to program Uniden scanners. Now that I got that off my chest, an officer brought me a new BC996XT to program. He just wants a handful of our local talkgroups and the area KSICS towers in it. I've been fighting with this pile of junk for 2 days and cannot get it to work. Somehow I have manged to get it to scan the Public Safety, Custom 1 and Special search banks, but it refuses to scan the KSICS Harvey County sites and group I put in. I am using ARC-XT. Can anyone give me some guidance or send me a profile for the area before I toss this thing in a dumpster?
Don-

I have a profile saved on my laptop with all the area towers in it. I'll get it pulled up and I'll send it your way. I have the 996P2 so it uses the same program. If nothing else, send me what your officer wants, I'll create another profile for it, and send it your way.

-Shawn

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I've been fighting with this pile of junk for 2 days and cannot get it to work. Can anyone give me some guidance or send me a profile for the area before I toss this thing in a dumpster?

There is a learning curve for sure, but you should try to refrain from calling any scanner a "pile of junk" just because you are having difficulty programming it. Thousands of people read the posts on RR and they should not be discouraged from purchasing a particular scanner for that reason. I know you were fed up and I've been there too. It appears Redneck0410 is going to get your scanner kick-started for you and that is a really nice offer! That being said, if this should ever happen again, please send me your address and I'll be there to pick your dumpster! :)

dgruver911

Thanks for the help. Guess these are kinda like radios, sometimes you just have to keep hitting them with the programming again and again until they straighten up. Got it doing what I want, got the searches turned off, and it's working. I still hate them. :)

Redneck0410

Thanks for the help. Guess these are kinda like radios, sometimes you just have to keep hitting them with the programming again and again until they straighten up. Got it doing what I want, got the searches turned off, and it's working. I still hate them. :)
If you still need help with it, send me a message and I'll see how I can help you.

tipster67

Don-

I have a profile saved on my laptop with all the area towers in it. I'll get it pulled up and I'll send it your way. I have the 996P2 so it uses the same program. If nothing else, send me what your officer wants, I'll create another profile for it, and send it your way.

-Shawn

Ummm, Mr Redneck0410, Would you be as kind as sending me the same file? I too have a BCD996P2 that hasn't been programmed since I got back to Kansas. I just really want to test it here in Wichita. Thinking I am gonna sell it, but would like to see how it performs here in Wichita.

Redneck0410

Ummm, Mr Redneck0410, Would you be as kind as sending me the same file? I too have a BCD996P2 that hasn't been programmed since I got back to Kansas. I just really want to test it here in Wichita. Thinking I am gonna sell it, but would like to see how it performs here in Wichita.
Not a problem. I have files for ARC-XT, FreeScan, and ProScan. What's your flavor? Private message me your email address and I will get the file to you within the next 24 to 48 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.