BCD-396XT always reverting to service search mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyro424

Hi this has been a problem for a while now. Every time I power my scanner on It starts to scan my regular groups I want, but also throws military service search into the scan. So I have to push function then l/o. The scanner then says temporarily locked out. So that is fine I do not have to deal with it again until my next power cycle. I have looked every where in the manual, freescan, the menus. But I just can't figure out how to shut this off. It is not a big deal but as I am sure you can imagine it becomes quite annoying after a while to have to do this every time I power up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

pyro424

Wow that simple. Can't believe I didn't know that after using this scanner for so long. That fixes that little bug of mine. Thanks!

frazpo

Wow that simple. Can't believe I didn't know that after using this scanner for so long. That fixes that little bug of mine. Thanks!

You can use the menu to see which searches are set to scan mode

Menu>Search for...>Edit Service>pick the service you want to change>Search with Scan>Set Lockout>Lockout

pyro424

You can use the menu to see which searches are set to scan mode

Menu>Search for...>Edit Service>pick the service you want to change>Search with Scan>Set Lockout>Lockout

Cool thanks. I didn't know that. Perhaps because I never use service search mode. I always use custom search. I guess me bypassing all the stuff I consider "dummy" mode I forgot all these things. I have been happy with this radio though. Best scanner I have ever owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.