BCD 396XT - how to use multiple channels???

Status
Not open for further replies.

letz_go_ride

Premium Subscriber
I recently switched from a RS96 to the BCD 396XT and I've not been able to figure out how to work the multiple channels. Right now I have county A programmed in using freescan. But I'd like to program in County B and County C. When I'm in county C area with the RS model, I could lock out county A and B and only scan County C. I can't seem to figure out how to program this and then lock them out? Does that even make sense? Help pls....

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Well that depends. If these counties are in the same state and use nothing but conventional freqs, that would work. However if you need to listen to their trunked systems, you need to do a bit more programming.

You might not even need to manually lock the undesired county out - you could use a GPS and a function known as Location Based Scanning to do that for you

The Easier to Read manual is certainly a place to go - but this article from our wiki (links are always blue) contains links to just about everything you need to get started. There's a very detailed article on Location Based Scanning linked in our DMA FAQ....

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.