BCD325P2/BCD996P2 Update 1.08.01

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Not showing up on "myUniden" either. Only links to buy stuff. i hope this update is available if you do not want or need NXDN!

Read the post just above yours, post #19. There is a link to the download on the page upman linked to.

DeDawg

Negative, no link showing. Opened it up in two different browsers just in case it was a Firefox weirdness. There is an Attachement for some old remot protocol pdf, that is is.

Link must be stealth.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
Negative, no link showing. Opened it up in two different browsers just in case it was a Firefox weirdness. There is an Attachement for some old remot protocol pdf, that is is.

Link must be stealth.

fxdscon beat me to it! The link to the utility you need (BC_VUP3) is at the top of that page.

DeDawg

I have had the VUP3 loader for a long time, is there some reason to download it again?

Ah, wait, i will run it as loaded and see if it finds something on it's own.

milcom_chaser

Not showing up on "myUniden" either. Only links to buy stuff. i hope this update is available if you do not want or need NXDN!
It's a firmware upgrade that includes the ability to decode NXDN via a key purchase. There are a host of other fixes included with this version. Improved Digital Audio quality is one of them...

mike619

For the BCD325P2 will there be a firmware update that helps with P25 Simulcast issues?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It is impossible to add hardware via firmware. Simulcast is a hardware limitation.

Reactions: RRR

cg

Premium Subscriber
With this series of radios, you use the BC_VUP3 program and it installs the firmware on the radio.

chris

w2csx

Premium Subscriber
The update to firmwear is working great with my BCD325P2,great reception with both dmr and nxdn systems! I've no issues with backlight at all.

Blackink

As UPMan noted in an earlier post, if you've downloaded the BC_VUP software since 2015, it's still installed on your computer.
Unless you've formatted your harddrive for some reason.

On my Windows 7 PC: Left click once on the Start Menu, hover your mouse over All Programs, look for the Uniden folder and left click once on that, then left click once on the BC_VUP3 folder. Now you should see a red bear paw labeled BC_VUP3, left click once on that and the software will start.
Follow the instructions and you'll have your firmware updated in less than 10 minutes (providing you can find the USB cable!!!)

That Red bear paw labeled BC_VUP3 may be listed in the Start Up menu, mine is...

allend

Premium Subscriber
I used ARC-XT software to download my scanner programming file just to be safe before upgrading my BCD996P2 firmware for 1.08.01.

I did the firmware upgrade with no issues. Did not have to re-program the radio. The NAC's did not get corrupted on this firmware upgrade like they did when the NXDN firmware upgrade was added. All is well on all three scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.