BCD325P2/BCD996P2 Update 1.08.01

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drachen_Fire

Went out and checked with quick search, direct entry.

Tried all 3 of the frequencies listed - 461.80625, 463.36875, and 464.89375. Direct entry corrected these channels to their 12.5KHz counterparts. Still, no traffic heard.

Drachen_Fire

I'm wondering if the frequency correction is messing with things here? The only time so far I've successfully heard NXDN in conventional was on a traditional ham frequency of 147.105, which the scanner wouldn't have attempted to auto-correct.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Went out and checked with quick search, direct entry.

Tried all 3 of the frequencies listed - 461.80625, 463.36875, and 464.89375. Direct entry corrected these channels to their 12.5KHz counterparts. Still, no traffic heard.
I'm wondering if the frequency correction is messing with things here? The only time so far I've successfully heard NXDN in conventional was on a traditional ham frequency of 147.105, which the scanner wouldn't have attempted to auto-correct.
Make sure the scanner's band plan for the UHF ranges are set to 6.25 kHz steps, not 12.5 kHz.

From the scanner's front panel: Menu, scroll to Settings, press E, scroll to Band Defaults, press E, scroll to 450.0, press E, set modulation to NFM, press E, set step to 6.25 kHz, press E, press L/O to exit the menu

Note that the scanner's display will truncate the trailing 5, so 461.80625 shows as 461.8062, but it's on-frequency.

RDL88

I am trying to install the latest firmware BCD325P2/BCD996P2 Update 1.08.0, and get an error message that my comm port is not the right port. It also won't auto detect. It works fine on the Scanner Master software. Thanks for any help.

mibzzer15

I am trying to install the latest firmware BCD325P2/BCD996P2 Update 1.08.0, and get an error message that my comm port is not the right port. It also won't auto detect. It works fine on the Scanner Master software. Thanks for any help.
Make sure you disconnect and close any other programs related to the scanner that might be using the COM port.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Turn off scanner. Reboot computer. once computer is up and running turn on scanner. Wait a few minutes, launch updater.

I have 2 996P2 scanners on my work computer. Set up another yesterday and the new one was not recognized. Reboot and all is well.
That worked for me anyway.

Drachen_Fire

Here's what I have figured out about NXDN on the BCD996P2/BCD325P2, working with Butel ARC-XT software:

- Make sure your band presets are proper for the frequencies you are trying to receive. For me, this meant changing 450 to NFM/6.25KHz.

- For NXDN trunks, you will have to know LCN's. You can put your RAN codes down as the proper RANs (if known), or 0 or Any if unknown. You will also have to un-tick the box marked "Control channel only". I haven't seen this scanner properly track a NXDN trunking system by CCO.

- For NXDN conventional, use "NXDN One-frequency trunk". Enter each frequency as a new site. If you don't know the talkgroups, you have two options - ID Search to find individual talkgroups, or if talkgroups aren't used, ID Scan with TG set to 0.

Hope this helps somebody.

Reactions: RRR

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
1. Ensure the LCNs are correct. Note that DSD shows you the LSNs not the LCNs.

LCN = (SLOT 2 LSN)/2

I found this information on Uniden's web site:

"DSD+ combines the LCN and Slot together in the style of MotoTRBO Capacity Plus. This combination was coined as LSN. You need to divide the lower number by two and ignore the fraction.

1899/1900 would be 949
1941/1942 would be 970
1985/1986 would be 992"

The formula from the above quoted post and the formula from the web site are different, and produce different results, off by 1.

So....which is it? This might be the reason people (myself included) are having trouble with DMR trunking.
Also, what about DMR Tier 3 systems??? Do they use the same formula as Capacity Plus and Connect Plus systems?

scan18

Premium Subscriber
You know, I've been coming to Radioreference for a decade, and I've never received advice or an answer here beyond the level of Indian tech support.

I just came across this post, and I find this comment interesting (and sad frankly). I’ve been visiting this forum for almost 15 years and I am amazed at the level of effort and support that is provided from what I assuming is mostly (if not all) volunteers that come here for the love of the hobby.

I imagine comments like above do not give much incentive to provide any help whatsoever, Indian level or otherwise.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Here's what I have figured out about NXDN on the BCD996P2/BCD325P2, working with Butel ARC-XT software:

- Make sure your band presets are proper for the frequencies you are trying to receive. For me, this meant changing 450 to NFM/6.25KHz
Yes, that's what I instructed you to do last week. You complained about no one providing any actual help to you, and yet when I did exactly that, you didn't bother to acknowledge it. :unsure:

georgesharpe

- Make sure your band presets are proper for the frequencies you are trying to receive. For me, this meant changing 450 to NFM/6.25KHz.

- For NXDN trunks, you will have to know LCN's. You can put your RAN codes down as the proper RANs (if known), or 0 or Any if unknown. You will also have to un-tick the box marked "Control channel only". I haven't seen this scanner properly track a NXDN trunking system by CCO.

- For NXDN conventional, use "NXDN One-frequency trunk". Enter each frequency as a new site. If you don't know the talkgroups, you have two options - ID Search to find individual talkgroups, or if talkgroups aren't used, ID Scan with TG set to 0.

Hope this helps somebody.

bigcam406

Just completed the update on my 325. First time ever doing a firmware update. Took awhile to figure out how but was successful. First thing i noticed was the better sound quality on P2 systems. Thanks Paul.

bjsmcp

Feed Provider
Hi everyone I have downloaded and installed the firmware updater from here. BCD996P2FirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki
I have my BCD325P2 connected to laptop via Uniden USB cable. When I click on the BC_VUP3 icon I get an error message after about 10 seconds. It says Internet Access Failed. Unable to connect to remote server. Any suggestions? Thanks for your time.

W6KRU

Hi everyone I have downloaded and installed the firmware updater from here. BCD996P2FirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki
I have my BCD325P2 connected to laptop via Uniden USB cable. When I click on the BC_VUP3 icon I get an error message after about 10 seconds. It says Internet Access Failed. Unable to connect to remote server. Any suggestions? Thanks for your time.

The Uniden offices are/were/will be moving and the servers were down last week and were scheduled to be down 6/1 to 6/3. They may be offline currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.