• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

BCD325P2 & Cleveland Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

televiper75

Premium Subscriber
Looking for any advice on monitoring Cleveland County's public safety system - I have uploaded the info via Freescan into the 325P2 for a friend who lives in Shelby. They are able to copy everything else in the area (conventional, VIPER) but hearing nothing from the county system - I had read in the forums that Cleveland is a simulcast set up so that everything stays within the county - anyone have any tips on what I could do so that they can be heard? Thanks in advance!

drayd48

Premium Subscriber
Could possibly be because of Multi-Site distortion. Try just putting in just the CC and ACC's. With distortion and scanning multiple systems, it makes it very hard for the scanner to do.

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
Televiper75, I live in Cleveland County and drayd48 is correct, it's because the county system is a Motorola LSM. Basically multiple sites using the same frequencies. If you are closer to one site than another, you probably will have no problem. But if you are between two sites like I am or trying to monitor while mobile, you get distortion because, (a basic explanation), two or more signals coming in from different sites at the same time and the scanner can't differentiate between the two. It is Very frustrating and I gave up on trying to monitor them. I mostly listen to Viper and some other counties around me.

Status
Not open for further replies.