BCD325P2 & Cleveland Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

televiper75

Looking for any advice on monitoring Cleveland County's public safety system - I have uploaded the info via Freescan into the 325P2 for a friend who lives in Shelby. They are able to copy everything else in the area (conventional, VIPER) but hearing nothing from the county system - I had read in the forums that Cleveland is a simulcast set up so that everything stays within the county - anyone have any tips on what I could do so that they can be heard? Thanks in advance!

drayd48

Could possibly be because of Multi-Site distortion. Try just putting in just the CC and ACC's. With distortion and scanning multiple systems, it makes it very hard for the scanner to do.

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
Televiper75, I live in Cleveland County and drayd48 is correct, it's because the county system is a Motorola LSM. Basically multiple sites using the same frequencies. If you are closer to one site than another, you probably will have no problem. But if you are between two sites like I am or trying to monitor while mobile, you get distortion because, (a basic explanation), two or more signals coming in from different sites at the same time and the scanner can't differentiate between the two. It is Very frustrating and I gave up on trying to monitor them. I mostly listen to Viper and some other counties around me.

Status
Not open for further replies.