BCD325P2 in the Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

pastormg2

Good Evening,
Has anyone found a decent and reliable mount or device to hold your Uniden BCD325P2 in the car? I know they have these cup holder mounts but you aren't able to see the screen of the scanner with one of these. I know they make these windshield suction mounts but sometimes they are very reliable at all either. Sometimes the suction really doesn't hold depending on the temperature inside the car or the temperature of the windshield. I am open to any good suggestions. Mark Griffin, KB3Z

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Also look into a universal vent clip mount. I've had some that are great (99 cents on ebay) and others that were not that good $20 at walmart (go figure). Depends on your car and the vent layout.

Good thing is the 325 is not very big/heavy (as say a pro-96 with 4x batteries)

something to keep in mind the car is blowing heat/ac right at the scanner so if you have the heat up very high or ac high etc

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I use a suction mount for my HP-2 and my Garmin and with temperatures as high as 100 this summer I have never had any problems.

You can also purchase plastic base plates which mount to the dash with 2 sided tape and hold the suction mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.