BCD396: Any Way To Get Rid of Annoying VHF End-Of Trans Squawks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

olex126

Hi Group. First Post.

Are there any settings on a Uniden BCD396 which will eliminate Woodstock, Ontario's annoying end-of-transmission squawks on their VHF frequencies? Drivin' me nuts!

This is my second 396.. Sold the first after using it for about 9 months.. Missed it so much after a few months that I bought another one to replace it... Posted some pics of it mounted in a big truck on the Yahoo BCD396 Group.

Any solution to the squawk problem would be appreciated... I don't listen to VHF all that much, mostly Fleetnet for OPP & MTO Enforcement, but it would be nice to find a solution to the problem.

Thanks. Regards.

Dave

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
olex126 said:
Are there any settings on a Uniden BCD396 which will eliminate Woodstock, Ontario's annoying end-of-transmission squawks on their VHF frequencies? Drivin' me nuts!

Sorry but those are unit ID squawks and there's no way to get rid of the on the BC396T. The new firmware update will not do anything for you.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Buy a radio capable of DOS muting. :)

I know they had a tender out for a new radio system last year so just be happy you can still listen to them. I am guessing those days are numbered.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Be sure you have put in the PL tones for the agencies. I know on some systems the PL is suppressed on the squawk (but not necessarily).

Status
Not open for further replies.