• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

BCD396T & 996T Firmware GONE From Website: Goodnews!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XTS3000

Well, it appears Uniden is getting ready for the new firmware update for the 396 & 996. Current firmware (V1.13.17) has been removed from their website. Get ready!!

W2SJW

Yep, I just saw that myself! The UASD is the only thing left in that download area.

Man, today is going to be a long day at work... :lol:

al95

Premium Subscriber
where are the updates 4-14-2008

April 10, 2008 is here where are the updates. Will it take even longer now.

mancow said:
I'll bet it's there before the end of their business day (5:00 PM) or so.
I hope I'm wrong , just many years of seeing software/firmware releases going up to the last minute and seeing 'well, it's still not midnight, it *could* come out today'....

mancow said:
I'll bet it's there before the end of their business day (5:00 PM) or so.

Lets hope your right. Otherwise I think theres going to be mass rioting around here . I'm just picturing their server crashing from too many people trying to get the updates at one time.

Last edited:

Caesar

organized_mayhem said:
Lets hope your right. Otherwise I think theres going to be mass rioting around here . I'm just picturing their server crashing from too many people trying to get the updates at one time.

lol, is anyone else just keep hitting refrest on the myuniden.com page? ;-)

Caesar

epersson said:
Glad I am not the only one, or the first to admit it.. :)

haha, i know they should email me once it is released but what is there is a 1 to 2 minute delay, i would have already uploaded it by the time they email me! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.