BCD396T and BCD996T V3.01.00 out now

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
This firmware applies the following changes from V3.00.00:
  • Restored autotracking of Motorola 800 Standard systems in Control Channel Search mode.
  • P25 test mode setting defaults to 3 for best decoding performance.
  • Communications will no longer be locked up between the scanner and the remote head if AGC settings are accessed.
  • Fixed the CSC command to no longer return to the menu after CSC,OFF is received.
  • Fixed the CSC command to properly report out all RSSI levels for all frequencies.
  • Scanner no longer resumes scanning after pressing "." then the first digit of a SQK
  • If backlight is set to infinite, it will no longer turn off after receiving a Close Call hit. (BCD396T Only)
http://www.uniden.com/my, then login and go to "All My Scanners." The update link will appear for your registered scanners.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Wow I think that was a whole lot faster then most people thought it would be. Got it all loaded in the scanner and its working great. Thanks Paul!!!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
With the exception of the ESN Loader update (which must be applied prior to any version later than 2.0 on the BCD396T) and the v1.04.12 update for the BCD996T (which lets you see the scanner's ESN Checksum) all updates are cumulative. If you have not applied v3.0, you will need to get a 3.x registration key in order to apply v3.01.00.

Complete installation instructions are included in the release notes.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
With the exception of the ESN Loader update (which must be applied prior to any version later than 2.0 on the BCD396T) and the v1.04.12 update for the BCD996T (which lets you see the scanner's ESN Checksum) all updates are cumulative. If you have not applied v3.0, you will need to get a 3.x registration key in order to apply v3.01.00.

Complete installation instructions are included in the release notes.

hey Upman, good job getting the update out, very fast on that, i did notice sonething kinda wierd, when i did the new update to ver. 3.01.00, and checked to see if it took on my `396T (MENU>SETTINGS>see scanner info>firmware version), i noticed that it still reasd ver. 3.00.00. Does that mean the update didn`t take, and if so, what do i do now? Thanx Upman! 73. N9NRA

Saint

Premium Subscriber
3.01 update

:DJust did the 3.01 update on my 396t scanner and it went in like a charm, tried the CC Control channel searches and it seems to be back to normal when using the feature.
Steve

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
hey Upman, good job getting the update out, very fast on that, i did notice sonething kinda wierd, when i did the new update to ver. 3.01.00, and checked to see if it took on my `396T (MENU>SETTINGS>see scanner info>firmware version), i noticed that it still reasd ver. 3.00.00. Does that mean the update didn`t take, and if so, what do i do now? Thanx Upman! 73. N9NRA

Sounds like you didn't apply v3.01.00. It will show 3.01.00 after applying this update.

Last edited:

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you didn't apply v3.01.00. It will show 3.01.00 after applying this update.

Okay, then what now, redo the update with the registeration key (as a major update)? Also, when the updater program ran it displayed the message "registeration key needed for major update". So i should try it again with the key and see what happens? That warks. N9NRA

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
If it has 3.00.00 installed, you do not need to use a registration key to go to v3.01.00 (as it is only a major update when the major version number changes; i.e. 2.x-->3.x, etc).

You need to apply the v3.01.00 update. Make sure you selected the correct file when prompted during the update process.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
problem solved! Big thanx to you Upman!

If it has 3.00.00 installed, you do not need to use a registration key to go to v3.01.00 (as it is only a major update when the major version number changes; i.e. 2.x-->3.x, etc).

You need to apply the v3.01.00 update. Make sure you selected the correct file when prompted during the update process.

hey Upman, found the problem and solved it, all is well with this update. Went really quick! Question for ya, does this also fix the funky P25 decode issue (AUTO setting swings wildly and broken audio)? Thanx and great work on the updates! You really deserve a pat on the back for all the work ya do here for us, the users of these fine scanners. It`s much appreicated! N9NRA

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It fixes the issue that a test mode setting (that shouldn't ever need to be touched by users) defaulted to a mode (1) that provided horrendous P25 performance instead of the correctly optimized mode(3).

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
very cool on the update. Now i can back up my scanner to the USAD software. As to the P25 thing, from what i`ve seen so far post-update, things appear to be stable, and much better than before on the one system i monitor around here (Lincloln County SO P25 system). Thanks again Upman! N9NRA

Sjinndoawi

Yes,Crystal Clear P25 again

Thank you Paul. My 996 works like a charm again...no problems what so ever and it's been running all evening...

Radio99

Premium Subscriber
396/996 Version 3.01.00 Update

Performed the update on each of my radios (396 & 996). The 396 is much improved on the Illinois Starcom 21 system. The 996 however still exhibits the problem of stopping on an active talkgroup but not passing any audio. Settings in both scanners are the same and the 396 receives where the 996 does not. Anybody have any suggestions/tips? Thanks...

Universaldecoder

Premium Subscriber
Performed the update on each of my radios (396 & 996). The 396 is much improved on the Illinois Starcom 21 system. The 996 however still exhibits the problem of stopping on an active talkgroup but not passing any audio. Settings in both scanners are the same and the 396 receives where the 996 does not. Anybody have any suggestions/tips? Thanks...

Check your antenna cabling and connectors...especially if you crimped anything using ordinary tools. Run a continuity test between shielding and the center conducter to make sure there is no short. I'm assuming you have a mobile installation or a base station with a remote antenna location.

good luck

(Haven't applied either updates yet, still waiting on feedbacks - nevertheless, a big THANKS!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.