BCD396T Firmware Update Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlanoue

I attempted to do the firmware update from 1.09 to 1.13.07. Both the computer and BCD396T were set at 57600 bps. Everything looked perfect until the end of the upload at which point I got a checksum error message. I tried to reduce the port speed to 19200 per the directions but discovered the BCD396T was dead. Hence I couldn't decrease the port speed. I attempted to rerun the upload twice more with the same checksum error result.

Any ideas on how to proceed? I'd go back to Uniden but I was hoping for a quick response.

Thanks, in advance, for any guidance.

Wasn't sure where to put this, so it's in General and Uniden forums. Sorry if that violates protocall. New to forum.

.. Joe Lanoue
Cheshire CT USA

jlanoue

mlconnell said:
When you say the 396T is "dead" - What exactly does it do when you power it on?

After having tried a firmware update and gotten a Checksum error message, I pulled the power cord out and of course the screen went blank. Put the cord back in and tried to power on and got nothing. Pulled the plug and put the batteries back in an still couldn't turn it on. Uniden told me to send it back for warranty repair.

..Joe

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
While sending it back to us is an option, we have never received a unit back for this issue that wasn't immediately resolved by applying the update (using the same updater you have at your disposal). While I can't rule out your situation being different, I'd encourage you to try reapplying the update from a different computer. Be sure to follow all steps, including pressing L/O + 6 when applying power (even though it seems to boot into the same mode even w/o pressing those buttons).

danimac67

Sometimes using a different download program works.
Occasionally I have had trouble downloading a file with Firefox so I used Opera with no problems

Status
Not open for further replies.