bcd396t - one great scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ervin1

this is possibly one of the best scanners on the market today. Took me 3 days to learn the features but with alot of help from the forums here at radio reference especially the Texas forum i am now able to program frequencies. I think what helped me the most is programming the scanner manually on the first group of frequencies entered. This was a tip from one of the members of this forum and a good one it helps yu to learn the operational features of this scanner and makes using the software an ease

RenMan51

BCD396T files

Do you have a freq file for the 396 for the Houston area? I have one (supposed to be delivered tomorrow), and was hoping to save some of the programming effort.

TIA

you should see my Civ/Mil Air rig at home with the 396!

perhaps one of the more powerful features of the 396 is its ability to do many things at ONCE. here's what i mean. my 396 is linked to a 2m Yagi that i've turned broadside to the city (i live north of the city) and this in iteself is a great way to pull out air traffic frequencies for just about everything that flies over San Antonio...

now add to this several priority channels, like Airlife and Kelly Tower.

now add to that the Close Call RF detection in Civilian Air band (for planes flying overhead that you don't have the frequencies for!)

and finally add to that the ability to "search" the air band while you are scanning! you can set up a limit search, say 118-121 or 300-320 and have it take place pretty much while you are doing everything else!

that's 1) scanning, 2) multiple priority, 3) RF nearfield detection, 4) search while scanning.

oh yeah, dont' forget it runs on 3 regular AA batteries.

the 396 is a powerful little scanner, that's for sure!

ervin1

renman51 mine came with the starnet system for houston pre-programmed if it isnt when yu download the free software from uniden it will be included there in the programmed frequencies

RenMan51

ervin1 said:
renman51 mine came with the starnet system for houston pre-programmed if it isnt when yu download the free software from uniden it will be included there in the programmed frequencies

Yep. Can't wait! All I expect to HAVE to do is edit the list of TGIDs, then start looking for MilAir freqs while the 396 keeps up with the STARNet.

Status
Not open for further replies.