BCD396T speaker replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemmaKnight

The OP is kind of hard to follow. But in his second post (if I am understanding him correctly), he said that the auction ended over 30 days ago.

It doesn't seem fair to hold the seller responsible when the OP has had the scanner for over 30 days and is just now raising an issue.

A bad speaker would be immediately obvious upon opening the package and turning on the scanner.

Nope. The auction ended about 2 weeks ago and I did notice the bad speaker immediately. I contacted the seller the same day and got a denial about the bad speaker. A claim was filed at that time and ebay is giving the seller 30 days to make a decision. ☺

Nasby

Nope. The auction ended about 2 weeks ago and I did notice the bad speaker immediately. I contacted the seller the same day and got a denial about the bad speaker. A claim was filed at that time and ebay is giving the seller 30 days to make a decision. ☺

Gotcha. I understand now.

I would agree that you indeed have a good claim against the seller.

But if you got the scanner at a good price (less than $150) then replacing a bad speaker would make up for it.

Good luck! Ebay will likely rule in your favor.

trp2525

Here's some useful information for anyone looking for the Uniden BSPG0590001 internal speaker for the 396T/396XT scanner.

If you go to the uniden.com website (official Uniden website) it shows the BSPG0590001 speaker for $3.25 but it is currently listed as "Out of Stock": BSPG0590001 Internal Speaker For BCD396T, BCD396XT

If you go to the unidenparts.com website (owned and operated by Ion, Inc.) it shows the BSPG0590001 speaker for $12.95 and it is currently listed as "IN STOCK, READY TO SHIP!": https://www.unidenparts.com/uniden-bspg0590001-internal-speaker.html

You can also purchase the BSPG0590001 speaker on Amazon for $16.95 through Amazon seller 123radios-com (has 84% positive rating): https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B012E8DEVM

Apparently there is quite the markup on these speakers (400% to 500%+ in the above prices) if you don't purchase them directly from Uniden. Let the buyer beware!

GemmaKnight

Gotcha. I understand now.

I would agree that you indeed have a good claim against the seller.

But if you got the scanner at a good price (less than $150) then replacing a bad speaker would make up for it.

Good luck! Ebay will likely rule in your favor.

Ok. BTW, I paid $200 plus S/H for it. ☺

GemmaKnight

Here's some useful information for anyone looking for the Uniden BSPG0590001 internal speaker for the 396T/396XT scanner.

If you go to the uniden.com website (official Uniden website) it shows the BSPG0590001 speaker for $3.25 but it is currently listed as "Out of Stock": BSPG0590001 Internal Speaker For BCD396T, BCD396XT

If you go to the unidenparts.com website (owned and operated by Ion, Inc.) it shows the BSPG0590001 speaker for $12.95 and it is currently listed as "IN STOCK, READY TO SHIP!": https://www.unidenparts.com/uniden-bspg0590001-internal-speaker.html

You can also purchase the BSPG0590001 speaker on Amazon for $16.95 through Amazon seller 123radios-com (has 84% positive rating): https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B012E8DEVM

Apparently there is quite the markup on these speakers (400% to 500%+ in the above prices) if you don't purchase them directly from Uniden. Let the buyer beware!

Ok. Thanks for the info! ☺

GemmaKnight

UPDATE: Ebay has closed the case because the seller mysteriously closed his account and hasn't responded to any of the e-mails that ebay was sending to him. They volunteered to either reimburse me or pay to get it repaired. Now I have to decide which one to take. ☺

Nasby

Take the Ebay money. Even a mint condition BCD396T isn't worth $200.00.

Get yourself the BCD396XT. Or better yet, save up a few more bucks and get a newer model scanner.

Ebay may even let you keep the defective scanner.

GemmaKnight

Take the Ebay money. Even a mint condition BCD396T isn't worth $200.00.

Get yourself the BCD396XT. Or better yet, save up a few more bucks and get a newer model scanner.

Ebay may even let you keep the defective scanner.

Hello. I already have a more modern one(bcd325p2)and they were going to let me keep the scanner no matter what choice I use anyway. It's just that the bcd396t wasn't planned for me. It's a birthday gift for my nephew to introduce him into the world of radio scanning. ☺

Nasby

Hello. I already have a more modern one(bcd325p2)and they were going to let me keep the scanner no matter what choice I use anyway. It's just that the bcd396t wasn't planned for me. It's a birthday gift for my nephew to introduce him into the world of radio scanning. ☺

You really made out well then.

Talk about turning lemons into lemonade!

Status
Not open for further replies.