BCD396T-Weather Alert!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbeck41

Under the options of weather alert you should have alert only, all fips and same 1-5, plus any counties you have program. Well my county just went under a storm warning and I miss it!! I look under the alert options and I am missing the same 1-5 alert!! Weather alert acts like its not working right. I do have all the fips codes programed for my counties. I do have the new updated firmware version. If Im missing the same 1-5 alert it has to be in the firmware! Does anyones else know what might be wrong? I think their new firmware is buggy!! Gregory

josephdavis13

Is WX displayed on the LCD of your scanner. This must be activated in the menus. My radio has work very well when alerts from the National Service activates them.

pinellasfirefighter

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
i havent had any luck yet we just had around of warnings and i didnt hear crap on my 396t or 996t. i know my fips are right because i`m a spotter for skywarm tampa bay. what does alet onyl mean and all fips . i`ve tried all of them we have sevreral nws channels that pick up in my area.

josephdavis13

Please read page 113 in your manual it details how to place your radio into the weather alert mode. I have used this function and works great. You will love the weird sound that the radio emits when a weather alert is posted by the National Weather Service.

Alert Only - the scanner alerts when it detects the
1050 Hz tone that accompanies all weather alerts.

All FIPS - the scanner alerts and displays
information about the weather alert when it receives
any FIPS code (see “Programming a SAME Group” on
Page 114).

Thanks

Joseph

gbeck41

Yes josephdavis13 your right but missing 1 alert which is-

same 1-5- the scanner alerts and displays information about the weather alert when it recieves a weather alert signal that includes any fips codes you have programmed into the specified same group! page 114 of OM.

I dont have this alert under weather alert! Yes WX is showing on my LCD screen! Gregory

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Are you in weather standby mode or are you also scanning. SAME / FIPS only works in weather standby mode.

elephant

josephdavis13 said:
Please read page 113 in your manual it details how to place your radio into the weather alert mode. I have used this function and works great. You will love the weird sound that the radio emits when a weather alert is posted by the National Weather Service.

Alert Only - the scanner alerts when it detects the
1050 Hz tone that accompanies all weather alerts.

All FIPS - the scanner alerts and displays
information about the weather alert when it receives
any FIPS code (see “Programming a SAME Group” on
Page 114).

Thanks

Joseph

I've been able to get the alert feature to work great. With the FIPS codes entered, the warning type is displayed. I have a related question that I can't seem to find in the instruction manual.

On the faceplate, between the 2 & 3 keys, it's imprinted with "WX". What is that for?

Is it suppose to be an instant wx feature like the Radio Shack models have? I've tried pressing FUNC+2 and FUNC+3, but nothing happens. I always liked that instant weather button that most Radio Shack scanners had. I'm hoping that somehow, the 396 also has a similer version instead of going into the menu and selecting weather scan.

I know, I could assign a quick key for wx, just thought that since it's imprinted on the faceplate, that there was an instant access.

Doug

rckydenver

elephant101 said:
I've been able to get the alert feature to work great. With the FIPS codes entered, the warning type is displayed. I have a related question that I can't seem to find in the instruction manual.

On the faceplate, between the 2 & 3 keys, it's imprinted with "WX". What is that for?

Is it suppose to be an instant wx feature like the Radio Shack models have? I've tried pressing FUNC+2 and FUNC+3, but nothing happens. I always liked that instant weather button that most Radio Shack scanners had. I'm hoping that somehow, the 396 also has a similer version instead of going into the menu and selecting weather scan.

I know, I could assign a quick key for wx, just thought that since it's imprinted on the faceplate, that there was an instant access.

Doug
Here's what i found while scanning, if hit the hold key and then press the function and 2 key, that take you to the weather menu.

josephdavis13

When pressing hold and releasing hold and then press and hold function the function button and press number two button places the radio into the Weather programming mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.