BCD396xt Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, everybody. I have an Uniden BCD396xt, and I'm in looking for an antenna upgrade. I primarily monitor P25 Phase 1 and Motorola type 2, and I'm willing to spend. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I second the Radio Shack antenna, you should expect significant improvement if you monitor lots of 800mhz traffic.

bear780ks

It is a very good antenna another good alternative is the one's from WPS and from Comet there SMA 3 is the one I have and it does a great job with the 396

davedaver1

Premium Subscriber
Hey, everybody. I have an Uniden BCD396xt, and I'm in looking for an antenna upgrade. I primarily monitor P25 Phase 1 and Motorola type 2, and I'm willing to spend. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

BTW, whether it's digital, or what type of system makes no difference at all. It's about the frequency you want to listen to when it comes to antennas....

bear780ks

Yup i agree Dave, the R.S. 800 for one does Quite well on just about all of them as to attest of using it on my BC780 in the Early 2000's when all we had in our area was VHF and now using it to Listen to KSICS P25 around here now this antenna is well worth it's 20 to 25 dollar and some change price:p Bear

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.