• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

BCD396XT Serial Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
I JUST got my new DELL Studio 540 computer up and running....
I just downloaded Freescan
I just realized there is no place to attach the serial cable for my BCD396XT to my new DELL computer..there is only one serial port and the monitor is using that one......
Am I in BIG trouble or can I get a different cable with a USB to connect the scanner to the Dell?
Thanks

KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
I JUST got my new DELL Studio 540 computer up and running....
I just downloaded Freescan
I just realized there is no place to attach the serial cable for my BCD396XT to my new DELL computer..there is only one serial port and the monitor is using that one......
Am I in BIG trouble or can I get a different cable with a USB to connect the scanner to the Dell?
Thanks
I would check again as I am not aware of any monitors that use a 9 pin serial port...a monitor port usually looks like below:

I would double check and make sure you don't have a 9 pin serial port on the back along with the monitor connection above. If you don't then a USB->9 Pin Serial port adapter should work great with the appropriate drivers :)
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.