BCD436HP All Conventional Channels squelch open

Status
Not open for further replies.

uwsurfer

I've been slowly working my way through creating and editing favorite lists in my settings using the Sentinel software. Very recently ALL of my analog (conventional) channels on this radio act as if the squelch is simply not there (turned all the way open), with static heard until a user on the frequency keys up. This is true on ALL conventional channels in this radio.

Is there a master squelch setting in the radio which will do this? I have the most up to date firmware and database load through the sentinel software as of 2/23/14 and it makes no difference as all analog channels act this way. The original firmware & database load DO NOT do this. As a test bed/reference I went back to the original SD card with the original firmware and database loads and the analog channels all work fine in the radio.

The original SD card when it came to me is unreadable by the PC using the serial cable as it believes the card is unformatted. The radio reads the database off the SD card just fine, just not the PC/sentinel software. I had replaced the original with another card I had formatted and that other card is what I've been using since I got the radio.

As I say I'm looking for a master squelch setting which would effect all channels or...?

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
I've been slowly working my way through creating and editing favorite lists in my settings using the Sentinel software. Very recently ALL of my analog (conventional) channels on this radio act as if the squelch is simply not there (turned all the way open), with static heard until a user on the frequency keys up. This is true on ALL conventional channels in this radio.

Is there a master squelch setting in the radio which will do this? I have the most up to date firmware and database load through the sentinel software as of 2/23/14 and it makes no difference as all analog channels act this way. The original firmware & database load DO NOT do this. As a test bed/reference I went back to the original SD card with the original firmware and database loads and the analog channels all work fine in the radio.

The original SD card when it came to me is unreadable by the PC using the serial cable as it believes the card is unformatted. The radio reads the database off the SD card just fine, just not the PC/sentinel software. I had replaced the original with another card I had formatted and that other card is what I've been using since I got the radio.

As I say I'm looking for a master squelch setting which would effect all channels or...?

Open Sentinel and select edit profile select the Miscellaneous tab and on the right side of the screen is the squelch setting(s).

radioroo

Is there a way to adjust Squelch in the radio itself? 'SQ' is printed on the radio next to the control knob but I haven't figured out how to actually get it to adjust Squelch.

kn6v

Squelch problem

Interesting..I wish I got that far. This is an expensive piece of gear and my squelch so far has not worked from the instant I turned it on. I have never had a scanner where this has happened.. many from the RadioShack which performed brilliantly. I will call the people I bought it from tomorrow and if there is no answer its going back.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Meaning that on all conventional channels running w/o tone, the scanner stops continuously and you hear "white noise" between transmissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.