BCD436HP and "unknown TGID"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdcaples

Premium Subscriber
After a 20 year hiatus, I'm revisiting the scanner hobby. I live and scan within the city limits of Seattle.

I have a BCD436HP.

For the first few days, I just listened to everything picked up by zip code.

Today I decided to set a goal of configuring the scanner to only pick up Seattle Police Department radio chatter.

I installed and updated both Sentinel and the scanner.

I then created a profile I call "SPD."

I removed everything from the favorites list except Seattle Police, Capitol Hill (Seattle backup) and Seattle Simulcast.

I wrote this configuration to the scanner.

This configuration picks up all SPD talk groups.

However, it also locks onto - what the scanner reports as - "unknown talk groups;" Bothell Police Dispatch, for example.

I suspect somewhere along the way, I made a mistake.

Might someone help me figure out how to use Sentinel to configure my scanner to only pick up SPD traffic?

Thanks in advance!

-Jon

Attachments

• Sentinel-Config.jpg
    Sentinel-Config.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 285
  • Scanner-Screen.jpg
    Scanner-Screen.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 305

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
You need to make sure the system is set to "ID Search" = OFF. If ID Search is on, it will stop on any active trunked talk group that is not avoided (locked out). ID Search off insures it will only stop on the groups you have active in your favorites list.

- Chris

marksmith

Yep.
Go into the effected system by editing favorites list.
Select the system, and then turn ID search off (or use ID Scan)

It will only receive those talk groups not locked out and included in your scan list

Otherwise it receives all active talkgroups not locked out, including ones not in your favorites list.

Mark
536/436/HP1/HP2/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Make sure you are using the custom band plan for rebanding. It seems like RR screws that up every other update. If you create the system by yourself, then you'll need to add the custom band plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.