BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

hvytrucker

HvyTrucker
After waiting another week I finally got my email late friday with instructions to print out my prepaid UPS shipping label, woot woot! Being I got it so late friday my 436HP was sent out this morning for the RTC repair. I have my fingers crosses that it won't be that long for it to get sent back, especially with all the protests and carp going on around the country.
More details as they come...
Got the return shipping thingy late on 9/11/2020 and shipped it out on early monday 9/14/2020 and it was recieved by uniden on friday 9/18/2020.

Approx how long should it take to get repaired and shipped back? I am trying to occupy my time by using Broadcastify on my phone but just hate monitoring one frequency at a time. o_O Do they email me when the repair is done and ready to be shipped back to me?

K9JDN

Feed Provider
Madison County, Illinois (STL Metro-area)
hvytrucker said, "Do they email me when the repair is done and ready to be shipped back to me?"

As I recall, I don't think I got any emails from Uniden between when they received my unit and when it was picked up by the carrier for return shipping. I did get an email notification of the tracking number by FedEX whenever it was picked up and being set back after repairs. I believe they say 10-14 day turnaround time. Hang in there! My guess is you will hear something within the next 2-3 days, since Uniden acknowledged receiving it on 9/18.

hvytrucker

HvyTrucker
I did get another email last night informing me that the unit was recieved by the repair dept and was assigned an SRO number. Tried to check the status last night but nothing then again today where the status says
Estimated Ship Date:​
10/20/2020

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I did get another email last night informing me that the unit was recieved by the repair dept and was assigned an SRO number. Tried to check the status last night but nothing then again today where the status says
Estimated Ship Date:​
10/20/2020
Uniden's "default" eta to ship is always set at 30 days. Unless something else is going on (a parts availability issue, or as earlier this year, a full or partial shutdown due to Covid-19), the scanner is normally repaired & sent back much earlier than that.

hvytrucker

HvyTrucker
Just a small update on my RTC repair... It's been 9 days since unden recieved my 436and and they sent me the SRO number... I know I am just being over dramatic especially since that's the only scanner I have but not being able to listen to local PD action is killing me :(

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Just a small update on my RTC repair... It's been 9 days since unden recieved my 436and and they sent me the SRO number... I know I am just being over dramatic especially since that's the only scanner I have but not being able to listen to local PD action is killing me :(

Have you tried any of your local Broadcastify feeds?

hvytrucker

HvyTrucker
Have you tried any of your local Broadcastify feeds?

Yes but a lot of times I am in the car and just prefer using a handheld unit as opposed to using my phone/broadcastify and only listening to one talkgroup at a time. I do use broadcastify while at home and on my desktop.

Another question about the RTC repair campaign... After sending in my unit on 9/14, Uniden recieving it by 9/18, then recievng an SR number on 9/22 informing me that the unit was recieved for repair stating that the estimated ship date is 10/20. Do they only do return shipping once a month?

Is there an email at Uniden I can use to get some sort of status or update? TIA

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Yes but a lot of times I am in the car and just prefer using a handheld unit as opposed to using my phone/broadcastify and only listening to one talkgroup at a time. I do use broadcastify while at home and on my desktop.

Another question about the RTC repair campaign... After sending in my unit on 9/14, Uniden recieving it by 9/18, then recievng an SR number on 9/22 informing me that the unit was recieved for repair stating that the estimated ship date is 10/20. Do they only do return shipping once a month?

Is there an email at Uniden I can use to get some sort of status or update? TIA
They do not ship "only once a month".

Typically, once the scanner to be repaired is received & logged into the system, the return ship date is set 30 days out. Most of the time, unless the repair center is very overloaded, with repairs backed up, your scanner would be on the way back to you much shorter than that time frame. Of course, if the exact part needed was out of stock, & had to be obtained first. then your return time might be extended. (Since your unit was sent in for the RTC repair, UPMan had said when the program first started, was that they would not send you the shipping label until the required parts were on hand. No idea if they are still following that policy.) Another factor, from earlier this year, is that the repair facility had to shut down for a short period due to the pandemic, at another time, they were operating with a reduced staff. They are in the DFW Metro area, and Covid-19 cases have begun to spike again in some counties, including Tarrant County.

Have you tried this webpage to check status?

hvytrucker

HvyTrucker
Thanks hiegtx for taking to respond, it's my first time dealing with Uniden.

Yes I have been on that page and it said on " 09/22/2020 UNIT HAS BEEN RECEIVED " although the scanner was delivered and signed for by uniden on 9/18. On the status page is says the estimated ship date is 10/20/2020.

I read here on RR where a few other 436 owners who did the RTC repair that it went a lot quicker and that was only a week or so before I signed up for the campaign myself. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait a while longer. Thanks again!

hvytrucker

HvyTrucker
Great news, out of the blue I got a package at my front door today. YEP, it was my very missed 436HP! Can't wait till later on and I get a chance to local action.Oh and thank you Uniden for the fix!
Thanks for everyone's help and patience.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Be glad you sent it when you did!!!
Somebody just tried to send one in for the repair, and was told they ended the repair campaign 9/30/2020...

hvytrucker

HvyTrucker
Be glad you sent it when you did!!!
Somebody just tried to send one in for the repair, and was told they ended the repair campaign 9/30/2020...
I know right, I bought it used a while back from someone who said it never kept the time and that's why he sold it cheap... I tried the RTC campaign a few months ago and they were slow to send me the return info so I re-applied and it worked the second time just 16 days before the campaign ended. So glad I got it back that I listened to it all last night :D

Status
Not open for further replies.