BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
It's very encouraging that Uniden has stuck with this and developed a fix for the clock issue. Thank you.

wise871

Database Admin
System worked great, have all three of mine in the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kwd57

Return packing and back light issue

Will there be proper return packing in the return box to avoid the damage that was caused on some scanners on the last recall?

I have been running my 536 with the back light off to try and prolong the dim issue. Is there a permanent or not?

I also, like some here have posted, do not want to have to send it in again in the future for the back light repair.

Last edited:

Sccafire

My scanner is installed in a vehicle. The outside casing has been removed to use with the din sleeve. Will I need to put the outside casing back on before shipping?

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
I do not have the Battery issue but I do have the dimming back light. Will there be a campaign for just the dimming?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
a) I'm aware of one unit that had claimed packing issues. We adequately protect returned units with proper packing.

b) You don't need to put the outer case back on.

c) This campaign is specifically for the battery issue. If your unit does not have the battery issue, then it is not subject to this campaign. We've made no other announcements regarding any additional campaigns.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Filed mine. Question, can I write down a letter from the screen dim issue to be fixed as well? So I don't have to send it back in and etc.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
We will try to screen them all as they are checked out, but to ensure that the dim screen is not missed, I'd recommend taping a note to the scanner indicating that your unit has that issue (same applies to the headphone circuit if yours was affected but has not yet been fixed).

se

ISSUE.

Hello UPMAN.

I noticed this RTC issue in my BCD536hp. I think within the firtst month of buying it ..Are brand new BCD536hp's rolling off the production line as Im typing this with all known hardware and software fixed? Can I do a trade-n with my current BCD536hp and just have Uniden send me out a new one with the fixes?

Sheldon.

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
I'm waiting to replace the BNC connector in my 2nd 536hp. It is intermittent. I disconnet my feedlines from both of my 536HPs during thunderstorms. I also hung Beldon 9913 off the back when I first got both scanners but I have since made a 2' pigtail from the 9913 to the scanner in an effort to not stress the BNC connect too much. I didn't have a problem with my BC796D and BCD996T with hanging the 9913 off of the BNC connector. I found a company that will make the coax assembly fairly cheaply, $22.00 for a 4" assembly. I think the 2" length on the coax puts too much strain on the connections at the connectors. As soon I have that fixed I'll be sending my 1st 536HP which has the battery issue and display dimming issue. So far, now I'm going to jinx myself, my 2nd unit doesn't have the battery issue. I bought it 2 weeks after the initial release when I picked up my 1st 536 HP.

Last edited:

kellykeeton

I entered my units put in two requests as I use my scanner daily and dont want to be without for a month

I had two submissions and got this back - no details as to what they canceled so should I just enter them again? seeing as I filled them out exactly the same I dont see what the issue is. its called auto complete in web browser so I have nothing "incomplete" this error message is frustrating and useless please advise.

Your reference number is: 5328

We received your entry but it was incomplete and has been cancelled. If this was not intended, please return and start a new entry. Make sure to complete both steps including the entry of your serial number(s).

I submitted Your reference number is 5375.and 5374

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
I entered my units put in two requests as I use my scanner daily and dont want to be without for a month

I had two submissions and got this back - no details as to what they canceled so should I just enter them again? seeing as I filled them out exactly the same I dont see what the issue is. its called auto complete in web browser so I have nothing "incomplete" this error message is frustrating and useless please advise.

Your reference number is: 5328

We received your entry but it was incomplete and has been cancelled. If this was not intended, please return and start a new entry. Make sure to complete both steps including the entry of your serial number(s).

I submitted Your reference number is 5375.and 5374

Enter the serial number located on the back of the scanner, not the ESN that is located in the menu option.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The submission I canceled (5328) had no scanners entered and had been abandoned since 1:20 pm yesterday. There are two additional submissions, one for a 436 and one for a 536. Had you intended these to both come in together?

Status
Not open for further replies.