BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
I added (2) 536 and (1) 436 to my ticket. Since the 436 parts are not arriving until November will this delay me getting a UPS label to have my 536 fixed since there all on the same ticket or will this delay my 536 repair? I understood you wanted us to list them all so you would have a good count.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Any order with a 436 will be held until we have those parts, so we can do everything at once (and just have one ship cycle to pay for).

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
c) This campaign is specifically for the battery issue. If your unit does not have the battery issue, then it is not subject to this campaign. We've made no other announcements regarding any additional campaigns.

OK, so, when do those of us who only have the dimming issue get ours fixed?

wise871

Database Admin
Any order with a 436 will be held until we have those parts, so we can do everything at once (and just have one ship cycle to pay for).

Maybe I'm the only one who misunderstood the original post about entering my serial# for our scanners that have the RTC issues I entered all of mine so you would have a good count. I assumed that I would be getting a label for the 536 first since those parts arrive this month and once the 436 parts arrive in November I would be notified that I could send it in. I didn't realize that I will have to wait until all the parts arrive for both my 436 and 536 arrive before I was notified. Now I will be down all 3 scanners at once. I know it saves on the shipping cost which is understandable but I was hoping I have my 536 back before I have to send in the 436. O-Well, I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Last edited:

slwilson28625

Premium Subscriber
Please see the following link for details:

BCDx36HP Repair Campaign
UPMAN, I entered my effected scanner into the Repair Campaign system. When I printed off the confirmation it showed that I had entered my serial number as a 436 unit. I guess it was my mistake. The unit that needs repair is a 536. I reentered the correct information and got a new confirmation number of 5426.

Confirmation reference number 5314 should be disregarded.

Thank you.....and thank you and Uniden for finally addressing these issues..

kwd57

Upman

Is this campaign going to bring the clock memory retention time back to about a week or so like when new or have they been able to increase the time when not powered up before memory loss?

I have both the 436 and 536 and it is not uncommon for the 436 to be unused for a month or more.

My question is : Will I be gaining anything by this repair on the 436?

Will the option to bypass the clock setting on startup going to be left in the firmware?

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
I will be in the Dallas area the week of Thanksgiving. I expect Upman to meet me at the airport and hand carry my unit to repair and then have a courier bring it to my hotel.

Is that possible? :roll:

kellykeeton

The submission I canceled (5328) had no scanners entered and had been abandoned since 1:20 pm yesterday. There are two additional submissions, one for a 436 and one for a 536. Had you intended these to both come in together?

ok it must have been me clicking something sounds like its all good thanks paul.

yea one of my newer 536 scanners exhibits no issues so i didn't submit it.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Hey Paul, I submitted my 536 before I realized you were not taking preventative scanners. Can you remove mine for now? Just let me know what you need for me to send you

ezdropper

Premium Subscriber
Just got an email with a link to print a pre-paid shipping label for my BCD536HP. Hopefully they can check the headphone jack, I never got a chance to send it in during the headphone campaign and would like to get that fixed as well.

Kudos to Uniden for taking care of their customers!

garys

Premium Subscriber
I don't mind waiting to the 436HP parts are ready and shipping both at once.
I do have a question, however. I have two 536HPs, but only one has the shown the RTC problem so far. My question is how long this program will be in place? A year from now, if the second 536HP starts to show the problem, will this program still be running?

Is there a serial number range where Uniden can say that the problem doesn't exist?

garys

Premium Subscriber
Just got an email with a link to print a pre-paid shipping label for my BCD536HP. Hopefully they can check the headphone jack, I never got a chance to send it in during the headphone campaign and would like to get that fixed as well.

Kudos to Uniden for taking care of their customers!

From earlier in the thread,

We will try to screen them all as they are checked out, but to ensure that the dim screen is not missed, I'd recommend taping a note to the scanner indicating that your unit has that issue (same applies to the headphone circuit if yours was affected but has not yet been fixed).

I plan to attach a note to my 536HP asking that they look at the LEDs.

aussievixens

I got a email with a link to print a pre-paid shipping label but it no good to me as i'm in Australia.
I don't have the option to put in Australia as country. Plus UPS is not available here.
Upman how does this work for oversea's owners.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I got a email with a link to print a pre-paid shipping label but it no good to me as i'm in Australia.
I don't have the option to put in Australia as country. Plus UPS is not available here.
Upman how does this work for oversea's owners.

I can't speak for Uniden, but I'd put money on this excerpt from the warranty affecting your claim...

LEGAL REMEDIES: This warranty gives you specific legal rights,
and you may also have other rights which vary from state to
state. This warranty is void outside the United States of America
and Canada.

Sccafire

UPMan

I sent my scanner off on Friday. The address I put on the UPS label is my home address. Can I change the address you ship my scanner back to? I would rather receive it at work then possibly have the scanner sit on my front porch all day.

Thanks in advance

sator1

BCDX36 Repair Campaign

Question: I have already sent my radio in for the Battery Replacement Campaign. I did not include a note stating that it had a problem with the display LEDS, which it does. How do I submit an additional repair request for my radio while it's there for the battery replacement? Do I use the Ref. Number and Serial Number, and then send it to who or whom?
Thanx,
-Fred-

yancmo

I'm currently selling my 436 on eBay and have already been hit with the RTC question as to wether or not its bad. When I first got my radio (January 14) I had no issues with the clock. But it seems that its developed the issue now. So it will need to be sent in.

My question is: If i opened a case already for my radio will the new owner be able to open a case and send it in if they so choose?

Thanks!!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Fred: We are also screening all incoming units, so if the display is dim we will fix it even if you did not include a note. The note is just a backup safety.

Yancy: Yes.

Sccafire: I'm not actually the one doing the receiving/repair/shipping (it is being done at our repair facility, which is not located where I am). I can try to get word to them, but don't know which unit is yours at the moment.

marksmith

Fred: We are also screening all incoming units, so if the display is dim we will fix it even if you did not include a note. The note is just a backup safety.

Now I am confused. It sounds like there is actually a permanent fix for the dim screen. I think you earlier said this campaign was only for the clock issue and not to send in for the screen yet, even though I have both problems.
Is this a true fix, or just replacing the LEDs so it is back where it was originally? If I have both issues should I now send?

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

Status
Not open for further replies.