BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tramagod

I have a very dim display and horrible VHF and UHF reception on my 436HP but I have owned it for a little over a year I just really never have the time to send it off. I would like to send it in this week for repair. I was just wondering if I am still eligible under the repair campaign or if I will have to pay for the for the repairs.
Thanks,
Bob

The original repair campaign was to fix the clock reset issue and screen display. Not not sure they can or will do anything about your reception issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gonzalu

Just got my radio back from repair for this recall and it is working great.

However, I noted on the shipment that the Volume on my radio is not working properly or at all. Basically it turns the radio on and off but volume goes up and down when the radio feels like it. Sometimes it takes 1 to 3 minutes to go from one setting (say 1) to another (say 10) and other times it does not change at all... .ever. It definitely never lights up. Squelch is better but not perfect.

I had hoped I would get a quote for the repair of the volume button as it was already on the "bench" but it was completely ignored. I got my radio back without any communications at all.

Happy with the clock repair but sad they could not take care of the volume problem at the same time. Was without a radio for some time.

Is there a way to get a replacement radio that works in exchange for mine instead of repaired? Similar to the original campaign, it can certainly reduce time without radio.

Thanks all and Cheers!

Tramagod

However, I noted on the shipment that the Volume on my radio is not working properly or at all. Basically it turns the radio on and off but volume goes up and down when the radio feels like it. Sometimes it takes 1 to 3 minutes to go from one setting (say 1) to another (say 10) and other times it does not change at all... .ever. It definitely never lights up. Squelch is better but not perfect.

I had hoped I would get a quote for the repair of the volume button as it was already on the "bench" but it was completely ignored. I got my radio back without any communications at all.

Happy with the clock repair but sad they could not take care of the volume problem at the same time. Was without a radio for some time.

Is there a way to get a replacement radio that works in exchange for mine instead of repaired? Similar to the original campaign, it can certainly reduce time without radio.

Thanks all and Cheers!

I don’t think Uniden has a loaner/exchange program that I have ever heard of. I know they didn’t do this for the clock repair campaign, just repair and return.

gonzalu

I don’t think Uniden has a loaner/exchange program that I have ever heard of. I know they didn’t do this for the clock repair campaign, just repair and return.

They did for the very first campaign when the radios were originally released. Mine is a different one now than the one I bought. No worries though, if not. Just gonna have to either live with the broken volume control or wait for a SDS100B to replace it :p

Tramagod

They did for the very first campaign when the radios were originally released. Mine is a different one now than the one I bought. No worries though, if not. Just gonna have to either live with the broken volume control or wait for a SDS100B to replace it :p

I had had mine repaired under the original campaign as well,repaired, backlight improved and returned, not exchanged.

stingray327

Thanks all and Cheers!

I just replaced my 436 with a Home Patrol 2 in the car and use the 436 as a portable now.

vannossc

Premium Subscriber
436HP Repair Question

I think my clock is fine and display seem ok too. 2+ years old unit. I def do NOT have the C1 diode on my system board. Can I send this in and request a "repair" to add it? I believe I'm having some reception symptoms by not having it although much of my listening is not on UHF (as of late).

Scott

Tramagod

I think my clock is fine and display seem ok too. 2+ years old unit. I def do NOT have the C1 diode on my system board. Can I send this in and request a "repair" to add it? I believe I'm having some reception symptoms by not having it although much of my listening is not on UHF (as of late).

Scott

You can request anything you’re willing to pay for but I don’t think it would be part of the original repair campaign. The best way to find out is call Uniden tech support.

vannossc

Premium Subscriber
You can request anything you’re willing to pay for but I don’t think it would be part of the original repair campaign. The best way to find out is to call Uniden tech support.

I had planned to send this to Jon for the GPS and diode upgrade but didn't get around to it. Think Jon's not in business for a bit now so I'd just like to get it tuned up and likely sell it - move up to the SDS100.

Scott

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I had planned to send this to Jon for the GPS and diode upgrade but didn't get around to it. Think Jon's not in business for a bit now so I'd just like to get it tuned up and likely sell it - move up to the SDS100.

Scott

I thought about that when I got my SDS100 but, except for the simulcast problems, the 436 is a great scanner so I'm keeping it as a backup/secondary scanner. Actually, I was pretty lucky because I had few simulcast problems with the 436 here.

vannossc

Premium Subscriber
I thought about that when I got my SDS100 but, except for the simulcast problems, the 436 is a great scanner so I'm keeping it as a backup/secondary scanner. Actually, I was pretty lucky because I had few simulcast problems with the 436 here.

I lied. I may just keep it too...may replace my garage scanner. :)

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
I sent my 436hp in for the repair how long does it taketo get it back next week will be a month since they had the radio?

manlius

Premium Subscriber

Scott

I’ve been out of pocket for a while. What’s up with Jon? I hope it’s not medical or serious.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I’ve been out of pocket for a while. What’s up with Jon? I hope it’s not medical or serious.

Jon was caught up in what appeared to be some political scapegoating and is a guest of the Department of Corrections for a time. I'm sure he'll be back.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Jon was caught up in what appeared to be some political scapegoating and is a guest of the Department of Corrections for a time. I'm sure he'll be back.

Doesn't appear to be too much scapegoating; the rules about carrying in a government office are generally pretty clear.

Ex-Government Analyst Sentenced to Prison on Firearm Charge | West Virginia Public Broadcasting

Homeland Security Analyst Says He Forgot He Had Pistol | West Virginia Public Broadcasting

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/ca4/17-4214/17-4214-2018-05-02.html

While I think some of the charges enumerated in the search warrant were a bit of a stretch, I have to wonder why one would carry stuff like that to the office, especially at a super-secure facility like DHS. Leave it in the car or lock it in one of the lockers provided outside.

Still, sorry to hear it, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.