BCD436HP DMR Upgrade Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I just tried to upgrade my 436hp to the DMR upgrade. After entering the key and following the steps on the website the scanner gave me an invalid key error. Just wondering if anyone had any advice as to why it will not accept the key.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hi, I just tried to upgrade my 436hp to the DMR upgrade. After entering the key and following the steps on the website the scanner gave me an invalid key error. Just wondering if anyone had any advice as to why it will not accept the key.

Enter the key using the scroll knob to select a digit or dash (not the keypad) just as you would enter a text tag. Be sure to enter the numbers and the dashes exactly as given.

Use the <4 and 6> key to move left or right to the digit position when entering the key, do not press "E" until the entire key is entered.

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
Enter the key using the scroll knob to select a digit or dash (not the keypad) just as you would enter a text tag. Be sure to enter the numbers and the dashes exactly as given.

Use the <4 and 6> key to move left or right to the digit position when entering the key, do not press "E" until the entire key is entered.

I entered the entire key and then pressed enter. It then said that the key was invalid but I entered it exactly as shown on the computer.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I believe there is a relationship between the key and the scanner's serial number/checksum. There is an outside chance that when you signed up for the upgrade, an error was made in entering the scanner serial number/checksum.

You might confirm your entries. If an error was made, contact Uniden for further assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.