BCD436HP First Firmware Update v1.03.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveharpe

Unless they've changed things since the HP1 Sentinel, I doubt this.. I have 3 HP1s and routinely connect & disconnect them without closing Sentinel when I do weekly DB updates.

It's exactly what happened with my 436HP when I just did the update. Again it's only if you do the controlled "eject". If you just pull the USB cable there is no difference.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Backlight in Squelch Mode

The backlight in P25 is mostly fixed. I noticed during a long transmission last night about 6 seconds or so the backlight timed out and didn't come back until the next key up. Shorter transmissions it worked fine. Key up for 2 secs light on unkey light off keyp up light on. So it's greatly improved but I don't think fully fixed.

The backlight issue is fixed on P25 in squelch mode - it operates as it should now with the update. What would be nice is if the backlight stayed on through the end of the two second delay (or however long you set the delay for each of your channels/talkgroup). But I can live with it like it is now.

whsbuss

The backlight in P25 is mostly fixed. I noticed during a long transmission last night about 6 seconds or so the backlight timed out and didn't come back until the next key up. Shorter transmissions it worked fine. Key up for 2 secs light on unkey light off keyp up light on. So it's greatly improved but I don't think fully fixed.

Not sure why the backlight operates different than the HP-1. Any transmission sets the display to bright throughout the entire transmission regardless of the duration, then 2 secs later dims again.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
All flashed here. The backlight seems better, although I was hoping they would have added some delay to the open squelch mode, it is still as annoying as before.

Yes - add 3-5 seconds!

lep

The firmware update for my 436 installed exactly as described in the Release Note. The 'long squelch tale' seems to be fixed. I did not have any of the other complaints that some described. So, all is good as far as I am concerned.
[on an unrelated topic someone posted, the BBB is a group of private-for-profit-businesses with little credibility in many business circles].

brucewarming

Dismount

Thanks daveharpe on your directions, I also had that message that it was still in use. I did as you did and was able to complete the firmware update. First impression is the light functioning very well. Thanks

markjrenna

Wish it did this.

Not sure why the backlight operates different than the HP-1. Any transmission sets the display to bright throughout the entire transmission regardless of the duration, then 2 secs later dims again.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col

I actually prefer how it works now. Keeping it on for the whole transmission eats up the batteries too quickly. As it is, I rarely use the backlight to ID channels. I prefer to use the color LED/blink combinations to identify which agency is talking. Uses WAY less battery that way.

-AZ

whsbuss

I actually prefer how it works now. Keeping it on for the whole transmission eats up the batteries too quickly. As it is, I rarely use the backlight to ID channels. I prefer to use the color LED/blink combinations to identify which agency is talking. Uses WAY less battery that way.

-AZ

Yes it can eat up more battery over the length of a listening session. But programming my friend's 436 he has and uses almost 100 UIDs to identify the radio transmitting. A longer backlight give a better chance of seeing the UIDs. Besides if you run on AC the batteries don't come into play. Just my opinion.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Hello, I just did a firmware update for the 536 on my lap top and I use the same software and computer to update my 436 firmware or should I use another computer is it ok to have the same computer both both firmware updates ? does the software know when you plug in the 436 ? Thanks.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
BCD436HP firmware upgrade

Yay!

The firmware upgrade seems to have helped address some/most/all (time will tell) of the problems I encountered monitoring a local EDACS system.

Periodic, close-range listening today reveals that:
-EDACS end-of-transmission beeps have been virtually eliminated
-Only experienced one brief burst of "scannerbuster" noise
-Audio seemed slightly stronger and clearer relative to background noise
-Squelch tails on other conventional and trunked systems seem to generally be much shorter to non-existent

The real test will come over the weekend as I try to monitor the EDACS system from a greater distance.

Thanks, Paul Opitz and team!

-Johnnie

jdolina

Premium Subscriber
Finally got around to doing the update.

Squelch back light definitely an improvement
P25 decode I am still using FM but a noticeable difference of improvement and it wasn't bad before. It is even clearer with hardly any garble or digital break up.
Squelch tail I can not comment on as I did not have any previously.
Search does work without stopping on control channel

Great work to Paul and team can't wait for more updates......

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This thread is being closed and left in place for informational purposes. If you have an issue with this firmware release that appears to affect the model as a whole then please post your thread to the Uniden Bug Reports forum. If you have a question specific to you, please post your own thread in the Uniden Owner Tech Support forum.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.