BCD436HP: Getting Wake Co. Simulcast sorted out

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSteel

Premium Subscriber
Hey folks,

Quick question (and hopefully not a stupid one). I'm getting my new BCD436HP set up, after coming from the old BC250D. In setting up the Wake Co. Simulcast system, do I need to include all of the non-control channel frequencies in order to monitor? (That was the case on the 250D, but I've seen mention of that not being the case with the 436).

One additional question. On the straight import from Sentinel, I have entries for both Wake Co. Simulcast and Fuquay Varina in the sites table. Is it beneficial (or essential) to have both in there, since it's essentially having to scan both sites? Does the Wake Co. system treat them as separate?

Thanks all!
Jeff

Last edited:

drayd48

Hey folks,

Quick question (and hopefully not a stupid one). I'm getting my new BCD436HP set up, after coming from the old BC250D. In setting up the Wake Co. Simulcast system, do I need to include all of the non-control channel frequencies in order to monitor? (That was the case on the 250D, but I've seen mention of that not being the case with the 436).

One additional question. On the straight import from Sentinel, I have entries for both Wake Co. Simulcast and Fuquay Varina in the sites table. Is it beneficial (or essential) to have both in there, since it's essentially having to scan both sites? Does the Wake Co. system treat them as separate?

Thanks all!
Jeff

You should put the ACC (Blue) in too along with the CC (Red) because they will sometimes switch them around to give the transmitter a break. You do not have to put in the other channnels though, your scanner will do that for you off of the control channel and will delay your scanning by putting them all in. The Wake site and the Fuquay Varina site are both simulcasting the exact same thing.

JSteel

Premium Subscriber
You should put the ACC (Blue) in too along with the CC (Red) because they will sometimes switch them around to give the transmitter a break. You do not have to put in the other channnels though, your scanner will do that for you off of the control channel and will delay your scanning by putting them all in. The Wake site and the Fuquay Varina site are both simulcasting the exact same thing.
Thanks! Yep, increasing scanning speed was the goal; if I don't need it, I don't want to scan it! The 250D required the whole list be in there, so this is another marked improvement...

I figure I'll keep both sites in there for when I drive outside of home turf (i.e. the Holly Springs/FV area); I'm doubt that I'm going to get much out of the FV site when I'm in N. Raleigh, for example.

Thanks,
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.