• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

BCD436HP / GPS

Rat

Premium Subscriber
I read somewhere that the Garmin GPS18x pc puck will work with the BCD436. Also does anyone know if the pc to scanner cable that came with the BCD996XT will work as the data cable for the above mentions gps unit. Justt curious trying to use some of the items already on hand, don't want to spend more money if not needed. If the items will work is a gender changer or null modem required. Any and comments will be appreciated.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
The program cable for the 996 is not the same as the GPS cable for the 436 I have and both cables 15x and 346

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I used a cable for a br330T with a null adaptor and used a garmin 176c.

I also had a usb cable with the same gps connector for a 436 / 330T. I wired a gps module to the usb connector, then to the radio. Followed Jons internal gps mod, except made mine external.

Rat

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info gentleman, after further research found out that I had purchased the cable back in April of last year. Looks like I need to start Id'ing all my cables. Thanks again for the info.