BCD436HP RECEPTION ISSUES 500 mghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey0909

Anyone having issues with BCD436HP conventional systems 500 MHZ reception lots of static not very clear my BCD396Xt was much clearer on the same system any help appreciated

mikey0909

I spent all that money on this scanner and this is the only known fix that's ridiculous

mikey0909

I have sent Uniden a message on Facebook both asking about this and also a follow up message asking about the status of my inquiry as they told me they're checking on the issue we'll see how that goes....

bearcat

My new 436 receives UHF just fine. I read these posts and was preparing for the foil but it doesn't seem that I need it.
I see you have a 396xt also. Try scanning the repeater input freqs on you local system. See if both the 436 and 396 can hear them equally. This should be done in a portable configuration, no external antennas. If the 396 out performs the 436 then you need the shielding.

bearcat

I (and I am sure many others) will be watching what happens very, very closely. Please be sure to report the results - what they do if anything - along with your thoughts on improvement in reception (if any).
Have you heard anything else where about Uniden acknowledging the issue? It is quiet as a church mouse on the original thread.

Last edited:

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
Did the 396XT - 436HP test recommended by Bearcat in post #9. Test was positive. 396XT outheard 436HP on a lot of UHF. Using 5 sheets of copper foil with 436HP now. Situation has improved.

k3fs

Not exactly fixed. Reception is improved. apparently there is still enough noise that Close Call is affected. I get far more close call hits on VHF than UHF. Not even getting close call hits in town, where the 396Xt gets lots of hits.

When there is a problem, admit it as soon as possible.

Customers are not stupid. Ignoring or denying a legitimate problem is not the way to handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.