BCD436HP - suggestions on getting started

Status
Not open for further replies.

tscoma

Premium Subscriber
Hi. A newbie here with both a Whistler TRX1 and Uniden BCD436HP. The Whistler is easy stuff. I input my zip or city. I select my scan list (Law Dispatch). Boom, I get my city, adjacent cities, state police, etc. I try to accomplish the same thing on the 436HP but with much less success. I input my zip, select 0 or 5 mile range, and select Law Dispatch (and nothing else)... I get way too much and not the right stuff. I get my town. I don't get my twin city connected neighbor. I get statewide starcom21 (IL State Police) for way too many counties that are way too far away but yet it misses neighboring counties. Picking thru the list with the Sentinel software is pretty time consuming and I'm still missing things that should be on the list.

Is there an easier way to program the 436HP? Can I select Law Dispatch for everything in 5 miles and get everything fitting that criteria without getting stuff half the state away that I will never receive? Can you point me to any tutorials or anything helpful for the 436HP? Thanks in advance! I'm having fun with the Whistler and not so much with the Uniden.

marksmith

Create a favorites list, and populate it with exactly what you want to listen to.

Sounds like you know the systems. This is what the favorites list is designed for.

You can get good instructions by searching on Uniden favorites list on youtube.

Mark
536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I agree that creating a Favorites List is the best way of setting up your scanner to receive just those things you wish, by programming only the desire stuff. Best one I've seen is Upman's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECOUceSdVCo

(Be sure that you turn the full database off when you scan Favorites List(s)).

As noted above, there are several great YouTube videos walking you through this process. Yeah like anything new it'll be challenging but patience wins the day. Before long you'll be creating Favorites Lists.

The downside of creating a Favorites List involving a statewide system like Starcom is that all the sites are included. Best way of dealing with that is to turn Location Control On - that way just those sites in your area are scanned.

Status
Not open for further replies.