BCD436HP to BCD325P2 Data Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

N6RDC

I've had a bcd436hp since they came out and have all my systems, groups, etc. exactly as I want. I recently picked up the bcd325p2 and want to put my 436hp data into the 325p2. I know that Sentinel isn't compatable with the 325p2 but was hoping that I could somehow get my data into the 325p2. I was hoping that Proscan would be the answer but it doesn't seem that I can save the 436 database to dump into the 325p2 and FreeSCAN isn't compatable with the 436hp.
Does anyone have a solution to this? I've got my 436hp dialed in from months of tweaking....frequencies, text tags, etc. I'm going crazy here, I don't want to start over even having the 436hp as a reference. I would hope there's software that I can dump the 436hp into and possibly export it out to be used with freescan or something!
Any help would be greatly appreciated...these forums have always came through for me!
Thanks to all,
N6RDC

phask

Premium Subscriber
Only way that I could think of would be cut from Sentinel - and paste into Freescan.

Might be able to do it direct with 2 copies of ARC.

IMHO - it would be easier to just create new in Freescan - unless you have tons of stuff.

Get a paid membership to RR and try Frescan

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Other than listed above, I do not see a way of doing that.

The ARC programs go only "one way". You can export 325P2 files from ARC for use with ARCx36, but ARCx36 doesn't do any export for use with 325P2 (which would be ARC XT).

Plus there are certain "absolute memory limits" associated with the 325P2 that are not as restricted in the 436. For example you are limited to 20 groups/departments per system in the 325, but that limit doesn't exist in the 436.

D

darunimal

Use your 396t with freescan as your base, then check with Sentinel that your Systems & TGIDs are up-to date, knocking out 2 birds with one stone.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Only way that I could think of would be cut from Sentinel - and paste into Freescan.

Might be able to do it direct with 2 copies of ARC.

IMHO - it would be easier to just create new in Freescan - unless you have tons of stuff.

Get a paid membership to RR and try Frescan
For the cut and paste, from an x36HP Favorites list, use the EZ-Grab option in FreeSCAN to copy over blocks of information in one pass.

N6RDC

Easy Grab does the trick!

Thanks everyone, the easy grab feature does the trick. Copied data from RR database, all I had to do was add text tags that would fit the 16 character limit. I'm going to try copying from Sentinel and see how that goes. This might take awhile but that's ok.
Interesting enough is that my first system and group was VHF and reception on the bcd325p2 is WAY better than my bcd436hp using the same antenna. I've got a bunch of 800mhz trunked systems I'm going to be adding so I'm curious to see how the bcd325p2 performs with those.
Maybe now I'll send my 436 and 536 back to Uniden to have the internal batteries replaced.
Thanks again to everyone for the assistance!

Status
Not open for further replies.