BCD436HP - what's in the box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCKFD34

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a BCD436HP, but I am unclear as what actually comes in the box. I am probably going to order from Amazon if that makes any difference.

Bob1955

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a BCD436HP, but I am unclear as what actually comes in the box. I am probably going to order from Amazon if that makes any difference.
Buy it from Bearcat Warehouse. No shipping or tax collected unless you reside in Maryland and ask for Paul there. Their toll free number is
1-877-568-7226 and if I were you, I would pay the extra for them to program it even though it does have zip come programing. This way, it won't load up everything all around you. Hope this helps you out as I have been in this hobby since 1977.

Bob1955

MCKFD34, I will tell you this, that Bearcat BCD-436 lacks has poor audio and poor sensitivity on UHF/VHF analog. Sounds like its under a pillow. Also, this handheld is dropping in price. I saw it as low as $373.50 the other week. My friend just bought his 2 months ago. He's happy with it because I told him that it is NOT worth the next step up to a SDS100 until all of the bugs are out of it. Hope this also help you make a sensible buying decision.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
MCKFD34, I will tell you this, that Bearcat BCD-436 lacks has poor audio and poor sensitivity on UHF/VHF analog. Sounds like its under a pillow.

I didn't experience that with my 436HP, sounded awesome! Aircraft bands worked fine.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
Do they ever sell refurbished or are they all new? I notice their prices are usually pretty good!
If they were to sell refurbished, it would be clearly stated that it would be a refurbished unit. They are among the largest retailers for the hobby and can afford to have cheaper prices than a lot of places. They seem to be fairly knowledgeable about products and with good customer support.

Status
Not open for further replies.