BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

VancouverScan

After reading 100's of posts about this scanner, I was very concerned about purchasing one, however, I did go ahead and finally bought one. I had read all about the clock issue as well as all the others so I was prepared for the worse. I received the scanner, even though I wanted to jump right in and start setting it up I didn't, I plugged in the AC adapter and let it charge for 3 days, yes, 3 long days staring at it hoping this will charge the inner battery and eliminate the clock problem on start up. I am happy to say that after 3 days I set my scanner up, purchased the ProVoice upgrade and have been enjoying it ever since with absolutely no issue what so ever.

I am writing this because I want others that are worried about receiving a dud for $400+ dollars that there may not be anything to worry about after all if you follow the proper procedure.

Hope this helps others that were in the same position as I was for well over a year.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
After reading 100's of posts about this scanner, I was very concerned about purchasing one, however, I did go ahead and finally bought one. I had read all about the clock issue as well as all the others so I was prepared for the worse. I received the scanner, even though I wanted to jump right in and start setting it up I didn't, I plugged in the AC adapter and let it charge for 3 days, yes, 3 long days staring at it hoping this will charge the inner battery and eliminate the clock problem on start up. I am happy to say that after 3 days I set my scanner up, purchased the ProVoice upgrade and have been enjoying it ever since with absolutely no issue what so ever.

I am writing this because I want others that are worried about receiving a dud for $400+ dollars that there may not be anything to worry about after all if you follow the proper procedure.

Hope this helps others that were in the same position as I was for well over a year.

I was not aware the proper procedure was to charge it for 3 days before using it. Thanks for the info.

SCPD

QRT
Got mine glad I did while back. Immediately had got the upgrades. Glad I did. I have a few rechargeable batteries I cycle around for use not needing to charge the scanner itself. Never had one issue with reception and actually I'm impressed with it.

greggk

Premium Subscriber

The 436 is one fine radio! Now you have to break down and buy its brother..the 536. That is a fine radio as well ! Have fun.

kg4icg

Crazy Trucking Mechanic
Premium Subscriber
536 especially good using siren with it on Android.
910f9a7aaf51bf23b73831fc2a720379.jpg

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.