bcd436hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannersnstuff

vowed never to purchase a bcd436hp. relented, got one. the friggin' thing is DOA. maybe should have sent it back and got my buck's back. i hope this is not indicative of what's coming up ! . Uniden - did you give quality control off for the holiday's ? .

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
That's a pretty rare thing. Where did you buy it from?

Timmeh-31

Premium Subscriber
Unless you bought it used in a private sale or the stipulations of the sale stated upfront and in unambiguous language that the unit was "sold as-is, all sales final", then you should have recourse to a return/replacement within a reasonable amount of time. I would check with whoever you bought the radio from and find out what the process is for getting a working device. Since return policies vary wildly, time is of the essence so contact them ASAP and at least get the ball rolling. Good luck.

srpawski

Premium Subscriber
I just got my 436HP from Amazon yesterday. I put batteries in it this morning and turned it on. The firmware build is, I forget 1.09 or something, but the serial number is 8001624 in partial, which from what I have read, is a 2016 build unit. Seems to work fine so far for the 10 minutes I had it on.

scannersnstuff

put in batteries., does nothing. swapped out for 2 new set's of batteries, still nothing. scannermaster is sending me a shipping label. i know it is not their fault.

Haley

This may sound really obvious (but it happened to me). The 436 power up button has to be held for just the right amount of time---longer then you might expect. Is the battery switch set to the correct mode in the compartment? Mike

scannersnstuff

at scannermaster's instruction, i removed, and re-inserted the sd card. again,no power. thank's for all the input.

kimbertown

This may sound really obvious (but it happened to me). The 436 power up button has to be held for just the right amount of time---longer then you might expect. Is the battery switch set to the correct mode in the compartment? Mike

Please explain what you mean by the battery switch (mode) in the compartment.

Haley

Please explain what you mean by the battery switch (mode) in the compartment.

My apologies, hope I didn't mislead anyone. I have been posting in so many forums. Especially the RS/Whistler/GRE DMR ones. I had those models on the brain! I have a 436-----and it does not have a switch, I am glad you saw that! I feel like an idiot-----too many models on the brain at once. Mike

kimbertown

Haley,

Thank you for your explanation about the battery switch. I certainly understand how easy it is to be thinking of various different models since there are so many on the market.

I just wanted to be sure there was not something new I missed on the 436.

scannersnstuff

my quick experience with the bcd436hp. sent the dead unit back, after reading more review's, i no longer desire one. uniden, you really dropped the ball ! . end of story.

srpawski

Premium Subscriber
Love mine. Have had it a week. Still tweaking the programming, but I think its a good piece of electronics. I don't care for the battery life. thats my only complaint so far. Going to get a couple of dozen eneloops to take care of that and a fancy 16 bay recharger.

srpawski

Premium Subscriber
Are they really that much better? Have you used them in comparison to the standard ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.