BCD536HP and Vanderburgh Co P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9HX

I have a BCD536HP that is not picking up traffic from the Vanderburgh CO Harris P25 system. I have done a firmware update within the last two weeks, but still nothing. Looking for any ideas. Not new to scanners, but new to this one. Thanks!

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD536HP that is not picking up traffic from the Vanderburgh CO Harris P25 system. I have done a firmware update within the last two weeks, but still nothing. Looking for any ideas. Not new to scanners, but new to this one. Thanks!
If it is the following system then it is a P25 "Simulcast" system.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9433

You are probably experiencing Simulcast distortion. Here is more information.
https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Simulcast_Distortion

trido

Premium Subscriber
call 812-422-0231 Jeff can help answer this

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Are you trying from Clay City? OK I admit I never heard of Clay City, so how far is that from Evansville?

K9HX

Clay City is about 100 air miles from Vanderburgh County. I live there, the scanner lives on the west side of Evansville.

zraith

Premium Subscriber
You might double-check to see if the correct services are enabled.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Clay City is about 100 air miles from Vanderburgh County. I live there, the scanner lives on the west side of Evansville.
Some folks forget to add the site frequencies. Or they assign quick keys and don't enable them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

eaf1956

Feed Provider
If it is the following system then it is a P25 "Simulcast" system.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9433

You are probably experiencing Simulcast distortion. Here is more information.
https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Simulcast_Distortion
If it were distorted he wouldn't say he was getting nothing. I have a 536 scanning this system and it's fine. Try www.EvansvilleScanner.webhop.me:5007 to check it out.

cryppie

zany

Just picked up a G5 last week and find the software is not too user friendly,...for me anyway. I know people on here have these
and was wondering if someone could help me out with the software or just program for me whichever is easier. I don't mind paying
for the help, but can't pay much as I'm on a fixed income my funds are limited. Been out of scanning for a while as my older radios went silent and just trying to get scanning again. any help would be appreciated.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Just picked up a G5 last week and find the software is not too user friendly,...for me anyway. I know people on here have these
and was wondering if someone could help me out with the software or just program for me whichever is easier. I don't mind paying
for the help, but can't pay much as I'm on a fixed income my funds are limited. Been out of scanning for a while as my older radios went silent and just trying to get scanning again. any help would be appreciated.
Talk to Jeff at Ham Station

zany

Thanks to Jeff at the Ham Station I'm back up scanning again. He updated the firmware and loaded
up all the freqs that I needed on my unication G5.
I suggest anyone who is having trouble with their scanners or pagers to get a hold of him. Very knowledgeable.
Thanks Jeff

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Thanks to Jeff at the Ham Station I'm back up scanning again. He updated the firmware and loaded
up all the freqs that I needed on my unication G5.
I suggest anyone who is having trouble with their scanners or pagers to get a hold of him. Very knowledgeable.
Thanks Jeff
Glad he helped you out!

Status
Not open for further replies.