Not open for further replies.

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
Greeting
Turned my new scanner on and received the folowing error:

SD Card File Error
Use Sentinel 'Clear User data
operation to initialize SD card

I use this process and after 'tinking' for awhile, Sentinal shows a box l 'SD Card' but no information.
I do get a message advising that I need to fomat my F drive, which is the SD card.
Should I form at it?

Thanks
Doug

wise871

Database Admin
It's fine to format because you can add the information right back on. I did a bunch of blank cards.

First download the program Uniden manual suggest.
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/eula_windows/

After you format the card, clear the user data. If you don't see the card in Sentinel, uncheck the check box and you will see it. After that write to Scanner and it will load right back up.

wise871

Database Admin
With the exception of downloading Sentinel to his computer, he won't be able to perform any of those steps as long as the SD card is showing errors.

He should be able too. I get the same error he reported when I stuck a blank card in my scanner. Simply follow the steps I outline will take care of the problem.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
He should be able too. I get the same error he reported when I stuck a blank card in my scanner. Simply follow the steps I outline will take care of the problem.

Yes, your steps will work no problem. Dewey was referring to Upman's first post in this thread saying to update the firmware, and update and write the database to fix the problem.

Seymourmtn (the poster with the card error) won't be able to do that unless he follows your steps first.

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
536 card error

It's fine to format because you can add the information right back on. I did a bunch of blank cards.

First download the program Uniden manual suggest.
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/eula_windows/

After you format the card, clear the user data. If you don't see the card in Sentinel, uncheck the check box and you will see it. After that write to Scanner and it will load right back up.

Guys, thanks for the quick replies
Did the format and tries to do the Clear User Data but the drive does not show up.

I am not quite sure what 'check' box you are referring to.

Any help is appreciated
Doug

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Guys, thanks for the quick replies
Did the format and tries to do the Clear User Data but the drive does not show up.

I am not quite sure what 'check' box you are referring to.

Any help is appreciated
Doug

In the "clear user data" window, check the box that says "display all drives". your card will then show.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
If possible, you should take the microSD out of the radio and use a card reader in the PC for Sentinel to clear the user data and install the database.

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
Microsd error

If possible, you should take the microSD out of the radio and use a card reader in the PC for Sentinel to clear the user data and install the database.

Thanks. I will hunt a reader and see if that works.

My ? Is...why isn't Sentinel even seeing the card?

Doug

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Thanks. I will hunt a reader and see if that works.

My ? Is...why isn't Sentinel even seeing the card?

Doug

Are you using the supplied cable? Some USB cables are not the correct configuration for communication, but for power supply only.

If there is indeed a problem with the microSD, then you may not get a logical drive in Windows.

Also you may want to insert and remove the card just to be sure it's not a contact problem,

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
SD Card Error Update

Well, I used a card reader and did a full format that seemed to make things happen.

Now, I've got to figure out how to use it.

Thanks for everyone's help and thoughts.

Doug

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
536 and TACN

let us know how it performs on TACN

Loaded all TACN and find reception is better.
I heard a Memphis HP and I live in Knoxville. Heard some TEMA conversations and snow crews west of Crossville.

Very pleased and this is just the beginning.

samrwalkerTUL

SD Card Error

After trying clear all user data on multiple SD cards I am still getting the error. Has anyone else had this problem? I was curious if anyone could send me a zip file or a image file of their SD card to see if maybe cloning would help me temporarily fix the issue. I've only had the scanner 3 days and really don't want to rip it out of my truck to send it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.