BCD536HP Happy User

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonefishn1

Ok, So now I have had my 536 for over 2 months. I run it 24/7 at home and have not had any of the mentioned problems like back light and clock. I leave it on all the time and just turn the volume down at night. I recently took it on a road trip to San Diego with the GPS unit installed and was impressed. I set only LAW services and full database, range to zero and it did the rest. Very Impressive! I'm still happy with my 536, Uniden and Upman. :)

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Well I have both the 436 and 536 along with my TRX-1 and TRX-2 and all 4 scanning along just as happy as they can be. Whistler and Uniden both have plus and minus points and as long you work with both they are happy.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I prefer the 436/536 due to the GPS option, and the full database, as an OTR driver it works out wonderfully, i can travel from West Coast to East coast with almost seamless coverage
the 536 actually for me blows my 436 away in audio and signal quality, i didnt know what i was missing

ke8ccd

Premium Subscriber
BCD536HP

When I lived in Florida, my area was not digital so no need for a digital scanner. but a year ago when I moved to Ohio I found out pretty much everyone was digital. so I bought a BCD536HP and I was amazed how well it picked everything up. the digital signal takes a little time of getting use to. manual programming was a bit rough to figure out but the software made it easy. learning the quick keys took some time to learn also but very happy with the radio.

AC2OY

I'm glad your happy. I'm happy with mine it's a amazing scanner. I like that you can use the system,Dept,and channel buttons to condense scanning when something is going on that you want to hear over the rest of the traffic.

SCPD

QRT
Got a 436 for home play and honestly satisfied. No screen or clock issues. Rotate batteries out rather the charge them in the unit. While I don't need a scanner due to work duties I got one for in event I traveled on vacation or for exploring business communications and discovering. Glad I got it reception has been great on phase 1 and 2 systems. No issue my end with simulcast systems either. Overall satisfied. I had got the upgrade keys for dmr and provoice well before it was released. Worth it I would say. If they did a NXDN upgrade I would go for it also. But that's for another wish list thread.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Have to agree - sent my TRX-2 back as the range was not near as good than the BCD536hp - especially in a simulcast area.

BCD536HP - Better build quality / better sound / just a better unit for now!!
I still like my HP-2 for the car and in other cities. But it doesn't have the range my BCD536HP has.

Status
Not open for further replies.