BCD536HP Headphone Related Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

county

Premium Subscriber
I know this thread is now over 3 years old, but is the campaign to repair the audio issue with a fast-swap/UPS label still active? I don't find a link to the form.

Unaware of this thread, I sent in my 536 for the headphone jack audio hiss issue under warranty, (delivered to Uniden on 3/11/17) and I just now received it back almost four weeks later, and the issue still exists! Notes only say the firmware was updated. My SN is 375Z580004XX.

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
That serial number would never have been included in that campaign. The issue was corrected after the first 2600 units were produced (about 2 years before yours was made). Tech checked the scanner and found nothing wrong with it.

Note that many high-impedance headphones (typically noise canceling headphones, but some others) exhibit a high background noise. This is fairly common and happens with devices other than scanners. The headphone circuit is designed for a 4-32 Ohm impedance match.

county

Premium Subscriber
That serial number would never have been included in that campaign. The issue was corrected after the first 2600 units were produced (about 2 years before yours was made). Tech checked the scanner and found nothing wrong with it.

Note that many high-impedance headphones (typically noise canceling headphones, but some others) exhibit a high background noise. This is fairly common and happens with devices other than scanners. The headphone circuit is designed for a 4-32 Ohm impedance match.

Paul- THANK YOU! I had assumed since my noise cancelling headphones worked with my 436 flawlessly they would also on the 536. Anyway just using traditional headphones in the impedance range you mentioned does not have the hissing. I am all set now. Appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.