BCD536HP Install in my 2010 Ford Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMSROX2

I've wanted a in-dash install in my vehicle for several years. It took me ungrading from a 996XT AND my vehicle for me to finally do it.

The Explorer uses a dual-din radio, so this made the task a lot easier, My installer said it was a very simple install and straight forward. The setup consists of a Kenwood Radio and a Uniden BCD536HP mounted as two single din radios replacing the factory dual-din. I used the Uniden BC23A amplified speaker mounted under the dash, power controlled by the switch. The 536 is wired to be hot all the time. I had it done this way to avoid some of the issues that I had been hearing about. If I'm going to be out of the vehicle for any period of time I will turn the radio off also, otherwise I just leave it on. With the speaker being wired to the switch, the sound cuts off when I turn the switch off.

I mounted the GPS on top of the radios, bur under the plastic of the dash. It still received fine and it completely hidden. The antenna is an inexpensive glass mount scanner antenna from Amazon and it is doing a great job receiving.

Attachments

• Install-Before.jpg
    Install-Before.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,807
  • 1-Install-After.jpg
    1-Install-After.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 3,064

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D167 Safari/9537.53)

Is your antenna a Tram 1199? I use one and they work fine IF you don't have metallized tinted glass. Can't beat for what you pay vs performance and simple install. BONUS: tilt down easily when in parking garages.

Status
Not open for further replies.