BCD536HP new owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have one of the new 536 scanners. Drove to Whitby and picked it up from Durham Radio on Wednesday or Thursday I think it was. It's nice...though if you're coming from a 996XT with no experience with Home Patrol...it will be confusing. Was for me anyhow. Currently waiting for the wifi updates, which is my reason for the purchase.

Currently experiencing an issue with a Belleville p25 fire frequency. Getting the motorboating like it's not decoding the p25 signal. My 996XT decodes it no problem at all...and all settings are the same it looks like.

I don't know if this will solve your problem on the new radios but on the XT series you turn radio off, hold the HOLD button down while powering up, lights will flash and now you will have extra settings and scroll to find P25 Adjust settings and I set to 200 from 50 and solved problem.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Anybody try this on the x36's? Im not home to test on either my 436's or 536's
But so far any digital I have heard has been great, no need to adjust

I don't know if this will solve your problem on the new radios but on the XT series you turn radio off, hold the HOLD button down while powering up, lights will flash and now you will have extra settings and scroll to find P25 Adjust settings and I set to 200 from 50 and solved problem.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I believe those options are available straight from the menu without any special tricks.

palo1

How does the suppled antenna work compared to the HP1 standard antenna?

The HP1 antenna was pretty deaf!

P

Status
Not open for further replies.