BCD536HP new owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

se

Hi All.

Does anyone in the Ontario forum own the new Uniden BCD536HP base/mobile scanner yet? If so what is the audio quality like? What is the signal reception like with the supplied antenna, or if its connected to an outdoor antenna? In general does this new scanner perform better than the HP-1?

Thanks Sheldon.

mciupa

Database Admin
I have one on order, just waiting for when they are shipping them out. What a time for the CDN $ to nose dive. :(

In the meantime, I've downloaded the BCDx36 Sentinel Software and am reading the pdf manual.I will be connecting it to an outdoor ST-2 Scantenna.

Will let you know the details after I've played with it.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
BCD536HP.

Waiting for mine which will replace the 996XT in my work truck. I do a lot of very short notice travelling and having access to the RR database while on the road will make things easier.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
You guys are both getting the 536, not the portable one? I see that the 536, you can use it remotely from a tablet,maybe a IPhone or Android. The portable version does not have these options I guess?

Any of you mods were lucky to get a tester? Is the sound better. When building favourite lists, do you have to go back to County, system, catagory, select then return?

I guess there will be people looking to deal there 996XT's or psr800's soon

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
BCD536HP.

Yes, there's no wifi on the 436 and no, I didn't get a beta unit.

The Sentinel software is available for download so you can play before getting a unit m

mciupa

Database Admin
You guys are both getting the 536, not the portable one? I see that the 536, you can use it remotely from a tablet,maybe a IPhone or Android. The portable version does not have these options I guess?

Any of you mods were lucky to get a tester? Is the sound better. When building favourite lists, do you have to go back to County, system, catagory, select then return?

I guess there will be people looking to deal there 996XT's or psr800's soon

No tester for me. I'm sure the beta testers were Texans that were local to Uniden HQ. They are probably bound by some non-disclosure contract.
I'm hoping mine will arrive in the next week or two.

I'm interested to see how Go Transit, GTAA, Peel Region will sound.
I've downloaded the software but not created any Favourite Lists yet.

I did sell my 996XT (which helped me raise some cash for this purchase). I had it for sale here on RR and had over 300+ views but in the end, it sold on Kijijii very quickly and has gone from a base set up in my living room to a mobile in a tow truck in Collingwood.

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
No tester for me. I'm sure the beta testers were Texans that were local to Uniden HQ. They are probably bound by some non-disclosure contract.
I'm hoping mine will arrive in the next week or two.

I'm interested to see how Go Transit, GTAA, Peel Region will sound.
I've downloaded the software but not created any Favourite Lists yet.

I did sell my 996XT (which helped me raise some cash for this purchase). I had it for sale here on RR and had over 300+ views but in the end, it sold on Kijijii very quickly and has gone from a base set up in my living room to a mobile in a tow truck in Collingwood.

I thought the GTAA went encrypted a few months ago? Are you talking the old VCOM groups?

Jason

mciupa

Database Admin
Maybe I can't hear GTAA, but I wouldn't mind studying it just the same.

I also want to see how a Uniden will decode APCO Project 25 Phase II and X2-TDMA

gary123

I want to see how it performs on phase II. Its a shame it dosnt support TRBO or DMR,

mciupa

Database Admin
I want to see how it performs on phase II. Its a shame it dosnt support TRBO or DMR,

Sounds good on Go Transit channels that transmit in Phase II. The source radio will show a mode of PT0 on the display and the destination radio will show PT1 mode. Sounds just like Phase I.

It doesn't do DMR, but the replay button is sure handy and so is the clock.

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
Sounds good on Go Transit channels that transmit in Phase II. The source radio will show a mode of PT0 on the display and the destination radio will show PT1 mode. Sounds just like Phase I.

It doesn't do DMR, but the replay button is sure handy and so is the clock.

How do you know what channels transmit on Phase II?

Jason

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Anybody decode phase 2 talkgroups with their 536 yet? I guess Go transit is the only phase 2 in GTA - any others? How does it sound? Improvement over the psr-800?

I havent had the time yet to play with my 536's they are still new in the box.

jeffrogerson

I have one of the new 536 scanners. Drove to Whitby and picked it up from Durham Radio on Wednesday or Thursday I think it was. It's nice...though if you're coming from a 996XT with no experience with Home Patrol...it will be confusing. Was for me anyhow. Currently waiting for the wifi updates, which is my reason for the purchase.

Currently experiencing an issue with a Belleville p25 fire frequency. Getting the motorboating like it's not decoding the p25 signal. My 996XT decodes it no problem at all...and all settings are the same it looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.